1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplows on 2003 and later Wranglers?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Max Wedge, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Member

While looking at all the available snowplows to find one to put on my 04 TJ, I notice that many manufactures do not list or recommend putting a plow on a TJ that is newer than a 02. Does anybody run one? Had any problems? Anyone know why some aren't recommended for 03 and later models?

2. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Member

Just checked the axle ratings on my 'X':
    FGAWR 2200
    RGAWR 2650
    GVWR 4450

This seems to be the same as 97-2003 Wranglers.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway 7' 6" with down pressure, 6'8" or 7'6"

4. plow612

plow612 Junior Member

I run a 7' Meyer on my 2005 and haven't had any problems.

5. micklock

micklock Senior Member

They only recommend plows for jeeps with 2.5 liter four cylinder engines, but I just put a Snow Dogg MD75 on my 2000 TJ with a 4.0 liter 6 cylinder engine.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We do a lot of the Snoway 22 series on 6 cylinder jeeps. I have one customer running a 6'6" uni-mount on a six cylinder with no additional suspension up-grades and loves it.

7. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Member

Thanks for the replies so far, everyone. I was at a Boss dealer today, and he had no listing for 03-06 TJ's. He was reluctant to order and install one that was not lifted.
    I still can not understand WHY nobody lists one for the 03-06, 4 or 6 cylinder. Maybe a frame change for impact standards? The 04's and up had new FMVSS standards it had to adhere to, which is why the seat height dropped, and the plastic surrounds for the windshield and rollbar changed.
    That's my only guess, but I'm willing to research other ideas.....

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway lists one.

9. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Member

I see they offer one. I will check that out. Just need to find a local dealer around Lapeer.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

11. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hey Basher
    How bout a plow for a 97 Grand Cherokee? I have one to sell, would like to buy a regular jeep, but if I can't sell the GC I was thinking about hand a small plow on that for driveways.

Regards Mike

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No GC except for 07-08 (maybe 09) thoug I've heard tales of it being done.

13. Miller1155

Miller1155 Junior Member

Can you put one on a 2000 Cherokee Sport?