1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowplowing software

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tater, Oct 3, 2001.

1. tater

tater Guest

I was just wondering if anyone out there knew of any software other than "blizzard buster" for billing and route management for snowplowing?
    I like the "Blizzard Buster" program but i'd like to see if there is anything else.
  2. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I use Quickbooks Pro.

I looked at Blizzard Buster two years ago, didn't like that you couldn't charge hourly rates on it at that time. I asked them if they planned on doing soon and was told no, but if I wanted to, I could buy their lawn program instead.

Seemed ridiculous for me to buy a much more expensive program at that point ... so I bought Quick Books Pro...

Now I see Blizzard Buster listen to my suggestion, and added hourly rate capability.

OH WELL too late to change software now....
  3. tater

tater Guest

Thanks for the reply. The thing I didn't like about the program was the routing. We have over 9 routes with 30 plus people on each route. I wanted a sheet that you could reuse more than once. The way they have it set up we would be buried in paper. We have a set charge for each driveway depending on amount of snow. The sheets that we use now the drivers can date at the top and check the boxes under the date on the drives that they plow. ALOT LESS PAPER!!!!!
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Are you doing landscaping\lawn maintenance in the summer? If so check out CLIP. It is a great program for scheduling, routing, customer record keeping. Basically any repetitive service. Their website is www.clip.com. If you don't do the summer stuff it might be a little expensive but maybe not.