1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplowing Duramax Pics

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Maverick, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

I updated my page today. Had to plow this morning at 4 am. Pics are from plowing this morning. Supposed to get 2-7 inches tonite. I hope so.:D
    Click on link in my sig.

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Very nice rig, I bet its a nice feeling knowing that the tanny wont grenade pushing those heavy loads.
    I did notice one thing tho(and this is more for turketwing). In the pic of the full load of snow and side wings, I didnt see to much snow being rolled in front of the plow. Seems that when it gets full, it would be real hard to roll that much snow in front of the plow. Tht was the point I was making.
    Dino

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

duramaxs sure have enough power. kick any powerstrokes a** anyday. ok. sorry. dont want to start a war.:D

4. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

5. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

nice rig!!!11
    it that an aluminum bed or steel??

sweet setup you've got
    Mark K

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

MDb, i drove a duramax about 3 weeks ago,it was a nice truck,but felt very sluggish,you need to go for a ride in my Dodge,I know stock, the Dmax nips it out,but mine is very strong,drive it a day,and the Dmax feels ok at best.Your truck is very nice,Ill get some of my pics up,whenenver i get my camera working..

7. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Just got home. 13.5hrs plowing last night and this morning. 8 inches of white gold. The snow does roll good with that much snow in the plow with the wings. No problem. It is an aluminum bed. It is a little light in back but still does a great job. I am going to bed.:)

8. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Steel SnoWay as well, and I agree... they roll the snow VERY well. Once you get going, it feels like you can KEEP going no matter how much is building up. That is a nice set-up you've got there. I'd like to get one of the new HD's, but they're still a little out of my price range. Just out of curiosity, what kind of wings are those???

9. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Slim Jim,
    My dealer has them made special for each plow. Its just steel plate bolted to the ends. My dealer threw them in when I bought the plow. He sells them way overpriced at $290. The very front edge is angled if you hit a curb, it will go over instead of ramming it. Blade still can trip if it needs to. The flags are bolted to the top front of the wing. They work good.:D

10. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Maverick, You are a member here....Great !
    Just quit rubbing it in...playing with that
    wonderful snow ! LOL !
    Syracuse NY praying for lake effect !
    ...........Geo