1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplowing done backwords.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CAT 245ME, Jan 24, 2009.

1. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

2. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

Interesting Video.... but kinda silly idea if you ask me???
    Maybe somebody else will disagree? Just back drag it!

3. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Aaaaand they loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverlyyyyyy

Funny though, it said Green Acres on the truck....wrong song I guess

4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

That's what I think, make a backdrag blade for it. :dizzy:

He cant even angle it now.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Did anyone read why he built that way?

"Its for doing condos so you can pull the snow out of the drive way and then another truck comes along and plows it off the road.This is all custom fabed and NOT SOMTHING YOU JUST BUY. I could have bought a reverse plow but why would when I could make my own for way less.Its a hell of alot harder to go right up close to a garagedoor in reverse than it is foward. DO YOU PLOW *******?"

All he did was build a back balde for the front of the truck.

6. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

with the small amount of snow its not too bad for what he's using it for...get 12"+of wet snow, and He'll have a tuff time..

7. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

waste of perfectly good fisher plow.............

8. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

I don't care what the reason is that is the dumbest thing I have ever seen!!! The time he spent building it was a waste. I would love to see him drive up and drag a deep storm. Not to mention driving over, and backing over it before he plows it packs it down. If I did that much back dragging I would put a HPT on the plow. Or if I was going to be a cheap ass jsut make a back drag for the back side of the plow.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  9. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

My "favorite" part was how he spread all the snow out on the cleaned street while driving away.

10. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

ahh, I see he's one of those "scatter the snow down the road and leave it for the town" type of plowers. tisk tisk tisk. :gunsfiring:

lol

the concept is pretty cool, but X2 on waiste of a nice plow.

edit: geeze, posted a minute late, JDiepstra posted the same thing. lol

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  11. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

That's just WRONG. So many thing wrong in that video. Now I know why my vote didn't count, cause of people like this. The goverment wouldn't let people like that vote people into office. :realmad:

:drinkup:

12. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Isnt this why Hiniker made there C plow.......

13. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Can't angle it and it has no sides... lots of windrows in deep snow. Wastes too much time.

14. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Yup except a C plow you can actually angle and tilt up to plow forword.

15. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Dumbest snow removal idea I have ever seen.

1) If you need something to back drag condos, save the money on the second truck and buy a nice rear mount plow.

2) If you don't know how to back up to something, you shouldn't be plowing.

16. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

All that matters is that it works for him and does what he intended it to do

I kinda like it

17. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

If hes working with somebody it would be ok. I built a reverse plow out of a used highway plow wing put sides on it. Mounted on the front of a tractor. Its job was to do all the backdragging out of loading bays etc. A snowblower was on the back pull out the snow fire up the pto and airmail the snow . Its still not a bad idea if hes got lots of work for it.tymusicussmileyflag

18. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

There's a few companies that have that kind of setup but on skids instead of trucks, used for town homes and condos. works better then trying to back drag with a truck and better then that C plow ora back plow. It works for them, may not work for you but don't bash it if you haven't seen it in person.

19. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Well said :drinkup:

20. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

Not something I'd buy, make, or use. But if he has use for it, and it works for him, all the power to him. Ah, the greatness of our country. ussmileyflag