1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplowing Contractors network???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BIG M, Dec 26, 2002.

1. BIG M

BIG M Member

Ok...Anybody know anything about the snowplowing contractors network??
    I thought i'd try it and so far i applied 3 times and never got a responce from them in the last 3 months?
    I don't see an email address where i can ask them whats up.
    Any info will be appreciated.
  2. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

same here.been trying for 4 months now
  3. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

I've been trying for about a year now!
  4. Sno

Sno Senior Member

I think they only update it once a year guys. I had a hard time also.

If you miss the invoice thinking its junk mail.... Another year to wait.

As I understand it.

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

it is worth the wait!

I get calls!!!!!!!
  6. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

well i think that sucks.if i was runing it i would want the site full of companies
  7. Snow7669

Snow7669 Junior Member

I've tried myself.
    once or twice last year. 2 or 3 times this year
    Sent chuck an e on it, he did e back said his wife took care of all that but he would look into it. That was about a month ago! Still have no response, IT DOES MAKE YOU WONDER?

8. Sno

Sno Senior Member

I think Chuck snowplows too..... and several web pages...

I'd sure hate to try to keep up with all this stuff.

I have a hard enough time with just quotes and invoices... etc, etc.

Miss your invoice, I think your done.... Try again.
  9. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I got listed back in the day when it was free to sign up:D took a week.....slowpokes!!;) :p ;)
  10. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I'd like to come to Chuck's defense. Just last night a guy called with two accounts for me to give a quote on. I asked how he'd gotten referred to me and he said "Actually - from the Internet". Chuck's Snowplowing Contractors is the only place I'm listed on the Net.

As noted above, he has several pages on the web. Chuck deserves a good deal of credit for what he's giving to the snowplowing industry. How many times has someone been referred to his site for replairing/maintainance issues?
  11. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Maybe they could start a forum on here in which a person could list whether he needs subs or a person could list if he is available to sub.

I think this would be helpful as some of us do not have work because of no snow and would travel 4 or 5 hours to get some work.
  12. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

In Chuck's defense

I know Chuck Smith and I am listed on his site.Its the only place I am listed and I do get calls.

Got one 6:00 am the day after Christmas. I had to turn it down... Too far too travel, and I had to wonder why this person waited until now to look for someone to plow for them.

Or... did they stiff their previous contractor???? The call made me wonder..

Chuck plows too and I know he and his wife are very busy people. I will email him and try and find out whats shakin.

Give Chuck some slack, Im sure those who recently applied for membership will get listed.
  13. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Hey Jeff,
    Might be whats happening with me...
    I'm getting calls for quotes because thier plower took a vacation over the holidays.. I've gotten several.

Christmas washed out the fly by nighters looks like.
  14. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

been waiting 6 months now
  15. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

It's really simple. My wife enters all the companies that register into Quick Books. Then we send invoices. When the invoices are paid, the companies are added (A LOT more often than once a year). If you don't pay your bill, you don't get added. If everyone paid their bill, there would be over 600 companies listed. Lucky for those of you that did pay your bill, as hopefully for you, your competition didn't pay theirs.

Many here use Quick Books, how long would it take you to add 500 customers? How much does it cost to mail out 500 invoices?

Now, out of those 500 invoices, what if only 50 paid? Would you incur the additional expense both time wise and monetarily, to send additional invoices? It's also an accounting nightmare when Quickbooks shows the outstanding balances!

Since no service has been provided by me, I have no real reason to keep invoicing. I have already "lost" money and time. The companies that did not pay lost far more than I did.

Also, look at it this way, those of you that "lost" or misplaced my invoice.... It's like the customers that don't pay for plowing. They pay their phone bill, credit card bills, water bill, and the plower is the last to get paid. I am sure they "lose" the bill sometimes.

It is a little different, as you have already provided a service, whereas I have not. I lost the time, and a 37 cent stamp. By not paying your invoice, you might have lost the best account in your area.

And yes, I plow snow too. I typically work a 10 - 12 hour day. In fact, I spent 36 hours getting ready and actually plowing between Christmas Eve, and Christmas day.

I also write articles for magazines, serve on SIMA Comittees, maintain 5 web sites, and have other obligations. I don't have time to chase people for $25. It is their loss more than mine.

For those of you that paid your bill, I thank you, and hope you get your investment back 10X over.

16. Chuck Smith

from NJ

I might add that the last time we sent invoices was the end of October. The next batch will be going out after the new year.

17. KLMlawn

KLMlawn Member

Well I have two things
    1) I signed up yesterday, I will wait for my invoice to come and gladly pay it, or if you would like ... put your mailing adrs on the website and who to make the check payable to and I will save you the first 37 cent stamp.
    2) Try using PayPal or similar internet billing method and adjust the price accordingly.
  18. Snow7669

Snow7669 Junior Member

Chuck, Speaking only for myself, "IF" you have sent me an invoice which would have been a year ago and, I accidentally thru it away because it looked like junk mail "I APOLIGIZE", if however I never recieved one it would certainly be hard to pay for it.

I do understand the very inexpensive advertising that you provide and, I would probably pay 10 times the amount for the same service. I can also appreciate all the time you give
    unselfishly to all of us snowplowers with mostly what may seem to not be appreciated by a lot us. I would like to say I Do Appreciate your efforts, on all fronts, particularly SIMA.

Maybe as an idea you could provide credit cards as a payment option and raise your rate accordingly to cover costs. By using the credit card option us contractors would know immediately if payment had been received.

Once again, THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK!

Bill Harrison
    Wm T Harrison Enterprises
    Washington Grove, Maryland
  19. Chuck Smith

from NJ

KLM, I will add the address to the registration page, thanks, good idea. Also, I was just telling my wife yesterday we should look into using Pay Pal. We already use it to pay for items on Ebay.

Landman, I just added you, based on your only registration data submitted;

Date: 11/07/00
    Time: 08:29 AM

When you see me next time you can payup. :D

Mick, I just updated your information as requested earlier today.

Bill, you will receive an invoice next week or sooner, depending on my wife's schedule. Thanks for your kind words.

Mike9497, e mail me your company name, and I will look into your listing.... Searching with the e mail address you used to sign up on PlowSite produced no results in my sign up data....

20. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

We still have not recieved ours.I even updated our new adress and phone number back in Sept. or Oct.

New York Snow Pros,Inc.
    P.O. Box
    Fishkill,NY 12524

Thank You

Mike Nelson
    New York Snow Pros,Inc.