1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowplowing contract

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by skferreri, Sep 11, 2008.

1. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

this is my first yeay plowing for my self and im looking for some info to put in my contracts.does any one have some examples of contracts that would like to share

2. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

are they for residential or commercial? I'll hook u up with a previous link on here!

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

sure, I'll show you mine.

It's called a hand shake agreement and your word a verbal contract.
    (a perk for living in northern MN, where ethics and morals still thrive)
    I plow for a major 24/7 sit down restaurant 3 locations a dental office ,laundry mat and a few drives.
    Either you take care of the problem and the problem goes away OR you don't and they sue you. No contract will stop that.

I under stand some jobs and or areas require them but most of us only need a handshake agreement.

Ho, yea, having a contract does not necessarily mean they can't fire you.;)

4. threeoaks

threeoaks Junior Member
    from ohio

here in ohio i kno a handshake agreement means someone is going in and will underbid you and you will find yourself lookin for more jobs... idk a about those handshakes.... get a contract do your job pluss some and you will keep them happy you happy and you wont lose your job halfway through the year. i wish it were as nice here as in MN... i plow a few drives on verbal agreements but all the companys have contracts. (the drives are near my small town the companys i plow are mainly in columbus ohio) there is alot of competition...

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

We are the same as Snofarmer. No contracts but just a verbal agreement. if theres a problem they call and if we get no calls then we are doing what we agreed on. Has worked for us for over 20 years.
    Dang glad I live here.