1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplower

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by mike33, Feb 16, 2006.

1. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Has anyone done business with US Mainteance?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

3. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

I don't like what im hearing about us mainteance, i just got hired in last 2 weeks for a new store. I have provided services last weekend. I was with dentco a few years ago and got screwed, but not enough to drive north and kick there asses:salute:

4. dozer22727

dozer22727 Junior Member

I did work for Dentco also. I got to know one of their quality assurance managers (not their anymore). They are the cheapest people (prob. like all management companies. I think they lost alot of work..and layed off alot of people I was told. Love to see them go out of business. :waving:

5. lawnboy

lawnboy Junior Member

ive had good luck with them. We do a few of their places. As long as you turn the work order sheets in you will get paid. I will say they call you a lot, but I dont mind. I think it is a pretty good company.

6. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Thanks Lawnboy, i started sweating this one. Yes ithink there work orders in a pain especially if i do salt only service before business hours than have to drive back there to get a work order signed.
    There rates offered for my area is super ive been plowing for 11 years and one of the largest in my area, and i will have to say it my best money account.

7. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

Red flags in Snow business

There are many red flags of caution in this snow plow business.
    1. Large national management company.
    2. Being hired in middle of season.

There are many more flags but this is 2 of the most common to me. Good luck hope you do well.

Dave

8. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Good point, however the reason i just got hired in the last 2 weeks was this is a brand new consructed store just opened . I signed contract 3 days before opening