1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowplower survival gear.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowKid150, Oct 10, 2005.

1. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

what do all of you guys never leave home without when u shut the door to head out plowin? lets get a thread going for the new season on what all of you guys like to bring along.

2. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

calender threads from this site

3. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

calender girls threads from this site.

4. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

lots of good cd's. my cell phone and two way radio's oh yeah and a full tank of fuel.

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i make sure my truck is full of fuel, i keep a tool set, spare hose for plow, spare tire for truck, plow fluid, cell phone and cell phone charger, snow shovel, plenty of cds, and whenever possible a spotter to keep and eye out. sumtimes my little brother will ride along, he is 14 and hates plowing haha.

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

All of the above as well as a digital camera for cool snowplowing pic's :jester:

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I hear ya on the spotter. I try to get my wife to go. Absolutely NOT anymore. She can NOT stand sitting in the truck for hours on end.

I try to convince her that it's not that bad if she'd just get out and SHOVEL! :D

8. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Exactly what Eyesell said. :nod:

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Man with all the stuff you guys bring I guess I'm packing lite. All I bring is my cell phone, fire pager, and wallet.

10. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I've learned to bring about 5 empty 5 gallon gas cans. In this tight pocket area some gas stations stopped me for a one time clean up but wanted to pay with gas..... That sounded good at first but i always have my truck full. I started telling them I had a 25 gallon minimum. It wasn't too bad on the days that weren't cold. Obviously you can only do 1 every once in a while.

11. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I almost forgot I take a few movies for when I'm takin a break, here are a couple shots, what else do need ?? This shot is front TV/NAV/DVD/Satelite Radio I love it !!! :redbounce

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  12. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

For my helper when he's just plain tired of shoveling, he watches his own movies LOL

13. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Old AMP installation, I'm proud of it

14. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Sub box, made in a day or so and custom fit

15. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

And oh yeah, best for last, decided to do something different so I put my 5.0 true surround sound processor ,10 disc cd/MP3 changer and what else but remote holder in there. Heck I usually put stuff in there and forget about it so decided to try something different. :redbounce

16. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

No brings a tow chain in case you get stuck???

17. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I keep a tow strap in the truck. It's alot warmer in the cold.

EyeSell that's one nice amp. My ole ladies cousin has one and they sound very clean. What i like about them is that they are not flashy. Even their radios look old styled and crappy but don't judge a book by it's cover.

18. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

my cell phone,wallet,chew and the check list thats it.

19. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Thanks man, one nice thing about it is it's crystal clear, I paid $ 2k for it about 5 years ago, the damm thing weights about 35lbs, best of all its 5 a 5 channel amp so the extra channel powers my center speaker for the 5.0 surround.

20. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Damn, you guys look like you have more into your radio systems than I do in my whole truck! payup