1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplow truck value per Hour ??? $$$$$

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MikeS806/H, Nov 20, 2005.

1. MikeS806/H

MikeS806/H Junior Member

:gunsfiring: I have a contractor wanting to hire me and my truck, I have a 8 1/2 V plow , how per hour is this worth?
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Welcome Mike
    I depends on what part of Michigan. I did a little subbing last year north of Detroit. I was running a 8 ft Curtis and the going rate was 65.00 per hour. On the other side state I would think it would be less per hour.

Good Luck Mike
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

$55-60 an hour.
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

I would try to get a few more dollars per hour for that V plow, more moving parts.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

By your zip code I believe that is Bay City area. Going rate is around 50 a hour maybe a tad more. Depends on how much exp. you have and how reliable you will be. I have started at one rate before and after a few events bumped up to a higher amount. Show quality service for who ever you work for and more than likely they will take care of you and call you back the next year.
  6. MikeS806/H

MikeS806/H Junior Member

Hi, I told the guy I wanted $45.00 a hour, he said no and offered 33.00 a hour , I said no, I have been plowing for 10 years now ,I have a 94 dodge cummins with a western V plow
  7. heliski989

heliski989 Member
    from mi

that is awfull i wont put a truck on the road for less than $75 / hr
  8. The Cowboy

The Cowboy Junior Member

Some guys think there is a sucker born every minute. My going rate in the landscaping business is at least $25 per hour, that includes the $7500 mower along with each worker. This system works for me when I bid any kind of job. For instance a 2 man, 1 mower crew makes $75 per hour. This approach is very simple and has made me some decent money. So the bare minimum for me and my $5500 truck would be $50;though that would be saying my truck is only worth $25 per hour. Figure out how much you feel the truck is worth per hour to you, figure your own worth, and name your price. Just don't sell your self short.
  9. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

After fuel you'll be making minimum wage.:rolleyes:
  10. gino

gino Member
    from Maine

Up here in Maine we get $75.00 per/hour. Thats for a guy with commercial insurance.
  11. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

screw it............
  12. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

In Lansing 45 is at the high end.
  13. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Self owned should be about $55 for a 1 ton- it is $65 for a 6 wheel here. I have some guy who has approached me for the past several years wanting guys to plow with their own equipment for $12/hour. What a joke! won;t even cover diesel costs for cryin out loud. some guys don;t bid their jobs right and don't have the $$ to pay appropriatly, where as others are just greedy.
  14. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Let him know that you have an 8 1/2 ft plow and a "V". You push more snow than the others with a 7 1/2 ft plow. That should bepayup worth more money to him.
  15. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

65.00 is what i get