1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplow Show on cable?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSeasons, Jan 20, 2001.

1. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

I was walking on the treadmill(Lord knows there's nothing else to do)and watching "Gardening by the Yard" with Paul James,when I had this idea,we should create our own 'snowplow professionals show' on Home Gardening Network or Speedvision or whatever.Chuck,you could be the host! I could be the director(with a lot of help)we could go all over and check out everybody's set-ups and techniques and compare local ordinances.We could visit all the factorys and see how all of our favorite snowplows are built. We'll have a weekly segment for SIMA and let them say how important it is for everyone to have a more professional
    image and let them suggest(through membership of course)how to go about it.Every week we'll visit somebody different,Dino,Geoff,John DiMartino,John Allin,SlimJimZ71,iowastorm etc....and follow 'em around while they work!We could go up to Canada!How 'bout it Denis? Chuck and his brother could be our factory test pilots,let Chuck evaluate equipment while his brother takes a plow through it's paces as only HE can!(HehHeh)Pros and cons of all our favorite pick-ups,skidsteers,engine blocks and trannys......snowblowers.Motor oil,even.We could talk about what we want!What do you guys think?

2. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

SnoThrowers,

I think you might be on to something.Will it take alot of capital to start? I would be willing to help start it.Might be like how SIMA got started.
    Keep us posted.

3. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

http://www.snowplowing.tv

Well, it's already registered to someone..... oh yeah, that's mine! Haven't done anything with it yet though. Registered it a few months back. I got an e mail saying that .tv domains were available, so I got that one.

That's good for others too, since so many .coms are taken, as are .nets. So, you can come up with your own name, and try .tv instead of .com, and see if it is taken already.

I thought having a webcam broadcasting from a plow truck would be cool, and good for a "fix" for all us snow junkies, when some of us haven't had any in a while! AND yes, I am serious, I would go for a TV show like that. How about it plow manufacturers? Those of you that are reading this post!

~Chuck

4. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

5. plowguy06

plowguy06 Member
    from Ohio

that sound like an awesome idea. maybe you could do factory tours, segments with repairs, troubleshooting and installations, etc

6. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Where do I sign?

-Tim

7. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

You guys need some snow. I was on the news once during the winter of 95/96.

Geoff

8. SlimJim Z71

Geoff,

I think you're exactly right... we don't have any snow, so we've gotten a little creative with our abundance of SPARE TIME. But, we would have to film it out by John Allin since he's keeping all the snow to himself. Publicity stunt if you ask me...

-Tim

[Edited by SlimJim Z71 on 01-20-2001 at 10:45 PM]

9. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

sounds like a cool show ,but i'd want to handle electronics section of the show if you're gonna use slim jim and digger,i atleast deserve a 30 second spot....

10. Mike Nelson

SlimJim,
    I figure John Allin has all the snow,he must have all the Money....Guess who's buying the cocktails in Denver? You got it probably Peggy!
    Just talked to John Parker and he wants to buy commercial time to sell MagicOOOOO.

11. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I'd be willing to donate a old camcorder, sounds like it would be cool.

12. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

Yep, we really need some snow!!!

Snow show is a great idea. One day surfing WEB, I saw that many city sidewalk are plown by property owner. A All around the world spot could be interesting too. We will educate our customer too with this show.

13. MJ

MJ Senior Member

There was an article in the Augusta (Me.) newspaper today about snowplowing. At least getting some publicity.

Mick

14. Mike Nelson

MJ
    Is it worth trying to post it?They don't deliver to my street...

15. SlimJim Z71

This is actually not a bad idea. Snowplowers seem to get a bad rap in general, this would clear up a lot of questions, as well as get the word out about all of our services.

We could also talk about truck modifications, and general repairs and maintainance to help fellow plowers.

I need snow...

-Tim

16. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

I was looking around at HGTV's website looking for submission info.I'm just one guy.They have no use for plain old people.I'm still looking,though.They(HGTV)said if we submit an idea to them,it becomes THEIR property.Please.We'd miss out on all the fun.

17. Yardworks

Yardworks Senior Member

Just make sure you don't do any filming of us after plowing a few days straight. If you've read the "when you know you've been plowing to long" thread. I think we would continue to get a bad rep.

18. SCL

SCL Senior Member

How bout we format it like Cops? You know with the robe wearing cig hangin condo owners screaming, and chasing the parts from those Meyers plows down the street? Yeah thats the ticket!

19. MJ

MJ Senior Member

20. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

One word: *yawn*

The most exciting thing about plowing is making the bank deposit. My guess is sponsors (who will pay the bills) will probably see it the same way, from Average Joe perspective.