1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowplow questions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by MAC LLC, Sep 14, 2008.

1. MAC LLC

MAC LLC Junior Member

This will be my first year plowing on my own and i am going to be buying a snowplow for truck.

I will be plowing with a 06 f250 PSD short bed with snowplow prep package (800lbs springs i think)

In the past i used westerns with unimount and did not have a problem with that mounting system and i feel they are a great plow, seeing how they were treated by other employees

I want an 8 ft straight blade and was thinking/ wondering...

I am expecting to spend $5000 plus or minus $500

I would love the xblade (expensive) but heard they are too agressive for driveways and also heard fisher plows in general are heavy heavy plows, I would also consider their HD plow

THe xblade is my first choice and i realize it will be over 5000...

My second choice is a western pro plus, a rough price of 4500 installed with back drag blade

There is not much for Boss dealers in my area... so that is out of the question

Ive heard alot about the new Meyer plow coming out this year but personaly if its in the same price range I rather a western pro plus

There is someone in my area that sells Air Flo plows i do not know much about these plows, does anyone have any experiance with them

I know there is sno way and blizzard but I do not fully understand how these plows raise and lower with no chains, but i still prefer western, fisher, meyer...

I would not consider a curtis or buyers snow dogg

So now that you read my novel of a question what would you suggest?

Thank you for your advice
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would suggest you go to each plow brands forum and read...read and then read some more.....JMO
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

they use the lift Piston directly to the a-frame. Snoway mega pictured below

4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i would go for the western pro plus. They seem to be the best built plow, and you have the option of putting wings on it in the future.
  5. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

I like the 8' Fisher I have used the same blade pump and pistons and hoses for 7 years and still cant kill it!!! Its a little heavier than the others but i think thats why it lasts so looong.