1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowplow question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LadyJ, Feb 17, 2003.

1. LadyJ

LadyJ Junior Member

laugh as you may i am stuck in my home because there is 4ft of snow an still falling so my question is how can i possibly make a homemade snow plow thinking 2 pieces of plywood with a 2x4 make a v shape where it come out about 4in further than my bumper on both sides reinforced by a few 2x4's one in the middle one on each side but i havent any idea how to attach it i have been diggin all night moved my truck about 7 ft my driveway is long steep an full of ruts an i would call a snow plow guy but there arent any around here loked everywhere. please help any ideas???:confused:
  2. Manx

Manx Senior Member

Forget it
    A snow blower would be your best bet

4' would be hard on a good working plow
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Your description reminds me of some of the contraptions I've seen on here. They didn't work, either. If there are no snow plows around, try calling a construction company or a gravel/sand pit. They would likely have a front end loader to come and bail you out. Like MANX said, 4' would be too much for a pick up with a plow. I wouldn't even try it. I'd have been out there plowing several times by now.
  4. Got Snow

Got Snow Senior Member

just kick back and wait till it's over.......
  5. LadyJ

LadyJ Junior Member

thanks to everyone who offered advice, i did manage to walk down to our main road today a friend who lives in town an could get out met me with a few groceries an stuff it took an hour should have been a 15 min max got a mild case of frostbite on my shins an thighs oweee but i guess i have no choice but to wait it out we have a stone quary but they wont do it they said liability reasons grrr now my truck wont move too much snow under it but its done i think so thanks so much all:)
  6. Ben

Ben Member

Where are you at in WV? If your close to me I'll come and plow you out.
  7. BigZ1001

BigZ1001 Junior Member

From Beckley to Morgantown...

Made the trip from Beckley to Morgantown yesterday around noon. The North of WV deffinately got it alot worse as far as accumulation. All we got in Grandview was alot of wind and a real hard ice type snow that could be walked on. Just thought I would add my 2 cents. 4 foot of snow, I doubt she is from Beckley :)
  8. snowfighterG

snowfighterG Member

help her

;) someone get her a snowblower please!!
  9. LadyJ

LadyJ Junior Member

i live in petersburg probably never heard of it huh :) its about 2 hours east of morgantown but thanks for the offer:D
  10. Grazzmazter1

Grazzmazter1 Junior Member
    from .

spring is just right around the corner!! lol