1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplow question / help

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by 2robinhood, Apr 27, 2010.

1. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

Has anyone Rhino lined the framing of a snowplow?
    I have an Arctic snowplow with a poly mull board.
    I was thinking of stripping the plow down to the bare frame and have it Rhino lined.
    I then was going to put it back together with stainless hardware for the mull board and spill shield.
    Any disadvantages of Rhino lining on a snowplow frame?

[​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Rust. If it chips and you get water underneath it the frame will get rusty.

3. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

Well, why I was thinking of doing the Rhino liner is because the black powder coating peels / is peeling and it is down to bare metal and rusting in spots.
    I figured that the Rhino liner would be tougher / stronger / longer lasting then the powder coating.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It all comes down to the preperation, Rhino won't hold up any better than the power coat unless you do a great prep.

5. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

Rhino

It seems to me, if your time is worth anything, you'll just keep it clean and save your money, (make money with your time) when it starts to show some wear, sell it for good money in the fall and get a new one. You're less likely to have a serious breakdown when you need it least, your rig will look nicer, and it's good for the economy. That's just me talkin though.