1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplow overheating product

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by daveklein1, Feb 17, 2009.

1. daveklein1

daveklein1 Member

This new product will put an end to your engine overheating, guaranteed. Universal mount for Meyer, Boss, Fisher, Blizzard. Adjustable. Customize to fit your truck. Economical solution for your overheating; will protect your engine/transmission from excessive wear from extreme engine temperatures. Special introductory pricing. Go to www.plowflowmaster.com. Money back guarantee. Product now available in black, will ship within 24 hours.
  2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Not a new, but a great idea. This guy is just in pouter space with his pricing, though. This is all too simple of a thing to make yourself - actually, better. And let's not even mention the small fraction of the cost.
  3. daveklein1

daveklein1 Member

This is a new product, the concept has been around for years, as it states on our home page. Pricing, Plow flowmaster create's jobs, the steel supplier, the certified welders, the powder coating process, the stainless steel hardware and the packing supplies. If you were to put a value on your time, gas running around picking up steel, drilling holes, welding, grinding, dropping off for powder coat, picking it up, and assembly, you would have more into your shield than what we are selling it for. ussmileyflag
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Wouldn't that thing just shoot the air over the hood when your driving?..

People need to just learn how to drive with the plow as close to the ground as possible.

My radiator gets enough air when the plow is down plowing.
  5. daveklein1

daveklein1 Member

I hope the attachment helps explain how it works. It is difficult with our smooth roads to run to low to the pavement, I have always seamed to scrape the pavement from time to time. I can run with my plow all the way in up position now.ussmileyflag

flowmaster.flow 001.jpg
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Most people that have overheating proba either angle the blade to get ALOT of airflow or lower the blade and get plenty of air....OVER it w/o any "vacuum area".
    Sorry but at that price I can angle my blade or lower it easier and get the same results. JMO
  7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

The real solution (at least for GM trucks) is to upgrade the fan clutch- my truck never overheats. Cool idea though- pricey though!
  8. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

The real solution for any truck affected is an upgraded fan clutch and a four row radiator.
    I commend you for seeing an opportunity and a need and filling it- Blizzard makes a deflector like that for theor plows too.
    Never had an overheating issue in my Dodge- radiator is sized correctly.
    My Chevy runs hot, but not near overheating, even on the highway- and it's only a 2 row radiator.
  9. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

your diagram shows a bend at the front to capture air and one at the rear to direct air but on the website the ones i see look flat with the bend at the rear to direct air only....am i seeing it wrong?
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Oh, i see...I guess I didn't look hard enough.

By the way...who cares if you scrape the pavement from time to time...Don't you do that all night plowing anyways?

Right with ya buddy....:drinkup:
  11. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Yaa except if the pavements not flat and your going 40 MPH and the plow catches a crack or lip in the pavement I think that would heart.
  12. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Lots of haters here................
  13. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Yep it does. I snapped my cutting edge into 2 piece and one went flying. thank god no one was coming other way. Bent the trip edge a little too. That was on my 94 Dodge my baby

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  14. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

Wonder if it would be a viewing obstruction.
  15. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

isnt driving with your plow on a viewing obstruction?

No Kidding, everyone wants to call someones idea a POS but you dont see them coming up with a solution!
  16. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Not really, because the way foils are, they are not that high off the top of the plow, but what is more so, is that from the driver's perspective, they lay rather flat, so they are a (relatively) thin line.
    As far as the manufacturing costs, I can understand the costs involved with marketing, "powder coating", all the fancy emblem design work, and most of all, the desire to make some money off this (afterall, what would be the sense in even DOING it). However, this is another one of those simple ideas, that for fractions of the cost, could be accomplished. Perhaps no fancy graphics, and no powder coating, but that is what RustOLeam is for. I would certainly hate to see this thing after a season of snowdrifts and debris, anyway. Maybe an idea would be to forgo all the fancy stuff, and offer a model for what it is worth...Afterall, there is much else that gets scarfed up on plows and brackets that can get touched up, also.
    And it would CERTAINLY not cost $180 in time and materials to build. About an hour and a half, and about 20 something bucks in steel and hardware (unless the whole THING is stainless, not just the hardware).
    BUT, neither here nor there...build it, and they will come. I'm sure there are those out there that have to have the latest and greatest gadgetry...no matter what the expense. I wish you luck with it
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  17. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Actually, 2 of us DID post solutions.....

There was a time when guys automatically upgraded fan clutches and radiators without complaining their trucks overheated first.... just to prevent it from happening in the first place.

There weren't air deflectors in the 40's, 50's, 60's.....trucks were modified to suit the demands and guys didn't expect to be able to drive 75mph on the highway with a plow blade on.....

Not to mention, some of us don't agree with company self promotion in this thread.....

I made mine out of Lexan like race car windows and it cost me under $ 80.00 total .It is clear so it will NOT obstruct my vision . When I get a digital camera and learn how to upload pictures I will show it to everyone. Until then I am digitally challenged !
  19. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Looks like a huge waste of money. Will it work?? it better for that kind of money. I think you would have better luck if your price was more reasonable. $150 for a piece of sheet metal 4' by 1' Creating jobs is great but, saving money is better.
  20. daveklein1

daveklein1 Member

Thanks for your reply, we do offer 100% guarantee. Plow flowmaster works! I field tested this for 2 years, probably more aggressively than needed. We all know what a plow truck goes through in a season. With a 4' by 1' piece of metal, you could also make 2 sets of wings, valued at $300 to $400 each set.ussmileyflag