1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplow on Bronco

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gearheadjo, Nov 9, 2005.

1. gearheadjo

gearheadjo Junior Member

What are the problems with putting plow on Bronco with 4 inch lift on it. Have found an 88 in great shape to put plow on but it has a Rancho 4 in lift. Don't want problems like plow does'nt scrape level on angle etc. Any input would be appreciated. :dizzy:
  2. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

Well i just got rid of an 88 Bronco with 7' western... I didnt have a lift, however with a lift you'd have to custom fab the mount to get the right angle.... Most wont recommend a bronco because of the TTB front end... It will wear out parts alot faster... I never really had problems except for the steering was really sloppy (when i got it) tightened that up with the adj screw. Other wise it was the perfect driveway rig. Plan on lots of balast...

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

While you are right about the TTB front end, it depends on the engine in the truck. If it has a 5.0 it will have the Dana 44 TTB which can be weak in certain areas. If you have the 5.8 it will have the Dana 50 TTB which can handle the plow much better. It's not a great front end no matter whch one you have. The D-50 will be the lesser of the 2 evils.
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

problems!! YES..

Lift kit springs are to soft for plowing, there not meant to carry heavy loads.
  5. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

Yes Sir you are correct... I had the D-50 351w...

As far as can a bronco plow - Yes
    Can you plow with a lift - Yes
    Would I with that set up? - No
    But to each his own...

Would I buy another bronco to plow with... No. Not usless I did a SAS on it. But thats just my 2 cents. I'm not doggin the bronco to plow with but i wish i'd have done more research before i bought it yrs ago.
  6. IMoLwnz.com

IMoLwnz.com Junior Member

I plow with a Bronco and its really great for driveways!!! I got an 05 f250 this year and will be using both to plow with.

If you dont BEAT the bronco its a great truck in tight places

thats what I think...
  7. gearheadjo

gearheadjo Junior Member

Thanks guys, The 88 fell through so now I'm still looking for a good late model Bronco. No hurry, I'll find the right one this winter. :)