1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowPlow on 'Beautiful Girls' (The Movie)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bolensdriver, Dec 16, 2004.

1. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

What brand of plow is on the older Chevy truck in the movie "Beautiful Girls"?

It looks like it has no arm on the plow frame, so it must be like a sno-way? But it's a rugged metal blade, which isn't a Sno-Way.
  2. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Good question BD. I was watching that movie the other night. Anybody know of any other movies where snowplowing is a part of the movie (not just a movie with a snowplow scene for 2 seconds...)??
  3. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

I think the name of the movie was "Snow Day" and I want to say that Chevy Chase was in it as a weather man. More of a kids movie. A crazy snowplow driver kept plowing the roads open but the kids wanted them unplowed so they could stay out of school. Only seen bits and pieces of it.
  4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

The older snoways did have steel moldboards. And I haven't seen that movie for years. Couldn't say though. I do remember that he was plowing really old and wet snow. Movie people must have brought it in and said good enough.
  5. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

Snoways stilll make metal blad inserts for their plows as well.. YOu actuelly can choose to have either metal or Polycarbonate.. They are interchangable. :salute:
  6. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Beautiful Girls, is that the one with Matt Dillon, Timothy Hutton, and a young Natalie Portman?
  7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

If I recall, the movie 'Gremlins' from waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the 80's had one... the neighbour drove one. Seems to me the gremlins took it and drove it thru the wall into the living room.... :p
  8. Chainlink

Chainlink Member
    from Vermont

I love that movie, made me laugh, plus they did some ice fishing(somthing I do alot of. As for snow days with Chevy Chase not as funny.
  9. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Turfscape - yep thats the one.
  10. bolensdriver

Conair has a snowplow in it, but in the middle of summer, while they are at the airport.

DERBYDON Member

The new "Dawn of the Dead" has a big V plow as a major part of the movie. I especially like how in the movies snow plows are Totally Indestructible!
  12. bolensdriver

It also has some Queen tracks in it.
  13. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I just saw that movie.... I wonder how many malls have enough equipment to build armoured transport out of a transit bus? :p Yeah the plow just bashes thru cars, people flying all over.... funny stuff... but not particularly realistic.
  14. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Grumpy Old Men had a couple scenes with snowplows. And lots of ice fishing! One of my favorite pastimes!! :redbounce

15. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

What was the movie where the father dies and comes back as a snowman?? They had a big plow truck with a sadistic operator behind the wheel in that one too..
  16. Up North

Up North Senior Member

"Jack Frost" I believe.

17. HereToLearn

HereToLearn Member

Every "Home Alone" movie
  18. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

The Simpsons did an episode on Homer becoming a snow plow contractor. No money so he purchased advertising spot just before the TV station signed off. He had his whole family stay up to watch this commercial. Was a real funny TV show about Homer Simpson in the snow plow business.

19. HereToLearn

HereToLearn Member

then Barney started "Plow King" and ran him out of business (or so I think)
  20. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I think Homer's business was "Mr.Plow"?
    In the PS2 X-Box game of "Simsons Hit and Run" there is a level where you buy the plow truck from Barny and have to kill Mr. Burn's car.