1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplow on 95 Bronco

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gearheadjo, Oct 29, 2005.

1. gearheadjo

gearheadjo Junior Member

I'm getting conflicting info about if you can put a plow on 94-96 Bronco
    . The western, fisher and meyer sites draw a blank when you try to look up mounting kits and blades for those years of Bronco. Earlier years are there so what I need to know is has anyone put a plow on 94 95 96 Bronco and is there a problem or what? I've got a 79 Bronco w/plow that is shot and am trying to upgrade. I've found a good 95 but am hesitant to buy with this conflict I've ran into. Thanks for any imput.:confused:

2. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

You would use the same kits on your Bronco as on a F150 for that year #7126. Your going to need to put stiffer springs in the Bronco

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Same frame lighter springs and a bit more weight from the extra sheet metal and glass. They don't change major stuff very often on Ford trucks.

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

It would be the exact set up as a F150. Iv'e seen many of these around my neck of the woods. I don't know how they do but I would guess they would do ok. Iv'e seen them running 7.5 Meyers andWestern's with air bags on the front.

5. gearheadjo

gearheadjo Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I guess what I need is a short wheelbase vehicle to plow with. I plow with 2004 F-350 but need something smaller for clean up and for a few tight spots I plow. Maybe now I'm thinking Jeep. Any suggestions. My 79 Bronco has a straight axle under the front, maybe part it out and rebuild that axle. Thanks again.pumpkin:

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Do they have the install guide listed for your year Bronco? I called Meyer when I could not find my (84) Bronco II install manual on the site. They sent me the hard copy in the mail. I would think any plow that will go on a F150 in those years should mount right up. It costs way too much money to change frame designs and stuff very often. It should have the same Dana 44 axle ,springs, ball joints etc that a F150 has. Short wheel base has it's advantages.