1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplow mounts Meyers

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Snakedude1973, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Snakedude1973

Snakedude1973 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on this site.

Last week I bought a 7’6’ Meyer’s blade and only paid $500 for it. The guy gave me a generating that everything worked, so I called him and his cell phone is turned off. I took it to the car wash and sprayed all the mud off of it. Here all the mounts for it were full of bondo. Can anyone post some photos of their mounts? I have no chose but to make one and all the hydos are shot. The only thing I can think of using are actuators’ to save me some money, since a new pumps going to cost some bucks. The blade is a ST-7.5 and the part number on the blade is 09163

Thanks for the help,
    John

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

can you post some pictures of what you got. i would stick with the electric over hydraulic motor and cylinders, check around craigslist you might find a whole working plow for a couple hundred bucks.

3. Snakedude1973

from Ohio

The blade and A frame are all good. The mount the would go under the truck fell apart so they went in the trash. I found the blade on craglist and for the mounts they want 800 bucks. This guy burned me big time..lol

4. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

ummm........... are we supposed to guess what kind of truck you have:confused:

5. Snakedude1973

from Ohio

Sorry, its a 2007 ford ranger

6. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

do you have all the wiring and controler

7. Snakedude1973

from Ohio

Yes I have all the wiring. I'm just missing the mounts to hook it up to the truck

8. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

just looking around the web and a st7.5 meyers plow may be a little heavy for the front of that ranger;) meyers website recommends a lot pro plow at 6'8" as the largest plow it will handle good luck:salute:

9. Snakedude1973

from Ohio

Yeah, I seen that on there site that a 6-8 was what there calling for. Its due to the law about the ends hanging so far past the truck. I checked with ODOT and I just have to drive with the blade at an angel. My trucks already beefed up for off road

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:laughing::laughing:

Sell it all, cut your losses and run

11. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

I coulda seen that one comin from the shore of the Red Sea , lol

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So you see it, do you agree?

13. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

of course, lol.

14. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

as they say, meyer beware.:drinkup:

15. Snakedude1973

from Ohio

Had the FAB shop here in town make some mounts. The hydros were fine but the pump needs a rebuild. The blade is only 325lbs, I guess its due to the fact that its an older one. Here's what I'm puting it on..and the mounts that I found online and had make

my_liftmnt.jpg

16. Snakedude1973

from Ohio

Sorry it would only let me post one pic

mine.jpg

17. ZZR

ZZR Junior Member
    from MI.

Nice looking truck!