1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplow lights

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bolensdriver, Oct 12, 2004.

1. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Alright, there's a truck in my town, which has two rear lights (Like a spot light, except smaller), and they are amber, and flash. They don't mount in the DOT/oval holes on the dump body. They bolt on, so you can angle them to whichever direction you like. They flash, and are amber. Does anyone know what brand? I'm looking for some. Thank-you.

Sincerely,
    Jake

2. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I think you are talking about a PAR36 flasher. A bunch of companies make them. Galls has them for like $50 I think. I have a pair of SHO-ME ones.

3. Strobesupply

Strobesupply Junior Member

Here is what I think that you are looking for.....

This is the self contained version that runs on a 12 volt hook up. They do also make a remote version that you need to purchase a power supply to run. Here is a link to check them out: Par 36

Let me know if you have any questions - Nancy :)

4. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Nancy, It is going to be nice to have you on board! Do you carry used equipment or just new?? We need to see about getting a lighting advice forum started. It would be nice to have a place to post just questions about different kinds of lighting options. BOAST pumpkin:

5. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

The ones I have look just like the ones in the pic Nancy has but mine are halogen.

6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

My personal preference I don't really care for strobes in a snow storm. after awhile i get a headache from the reflection back from the snow. I much prefer the led's or halogen lights on my plow truck....Rob

7. bolensdriver

That's the one!!

8. bolensdriver

Nancy, they flash right? Umm, how many come when you order? Two or one?

Sincerely,
    Jake

9. Strobesupply

Strobesupply Junior Member

Par 36's

Hey Jake,

The $59.99 price is for one Self Contained Par 36.

Nancy :)

10. bolensdriver

I like them. Especially since they don't draw many amps. I'll be purchasing two of them in the next couple weeks.