1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplow lights.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowking15, Feb 28, 2010.

1. plowking15

plowking15 Member

I don't know if there is a special forum for plow lights, anyway I need a shockproof or heavy duty light,I have broken a few from vibration of plowing dirt roads.Even if I raise the blade a little and plow slow or backdrag. Another option I was thinking of,is mounting them on the truck and not on the frame. I have an older fisher on my personal truck with the oem lights,those have been fine for not breaking around mounting area. We are presently buying lights,under 100.00 a set at NAPA, probably need a more expensive set. I wonder if they make a rubber light for plowing,need lo-high beams and built in marker lights. I like the old steel housing lights,can't find them and I imagine be expensive if I did. plowking
  2. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

3. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare Member

I know that J C Whitney has crome plated stell headlight for $61.00 a pair. You still would need to add turnsignals too. I have no idea how durable these lights are. I would concider doing this the next time I need a set.

J & B
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You will get sunlight glare with chrome lights. That's why snowplow lights are flat black.
    Mount the lights on a rubber grommet to help the vibration.
  5. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

ATLs are rubber mounted internally---very nice, and they don't move around. Well worth the cash, and they have even newer "crystal" type lights with the same construction....very cool.