1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplow for SUV

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by samlove, Nov 1, 2011.

1. samlove

samlove Junior Member

I read an article and watched some videos about the Snowsport HD Snow plow that can be mounted to a variety of Trucks, SUV, UTV, ATV, etc. Have any of you used this plow? I've got a 2003 GMC Envoy and they have a mounting kit for this make/model.

I have read many reviews from commercial and home users and they rate it pretty good. Looking for input from the forum. Check it out at the website below.

Sidney, OH
  2. KJenkins99

KJenkins99 Junior Member

For $1400, that's kind of an amazing price. I'd be worried about the quality. You say that you've heard commercial users rate this well?
  3. LEVE

LEVE Member

I've used the Snowport for 3 years and I like it. I've adapted a winch to raise and lower it and that's it. It plows out my 300' drive and 1200 sqft parking area plus other stuff. It's mounted on a 93' Ranger. It's nice to be able to push snow and be done in 15 minutes, still warm and dry and walk back from the detached garage to the house and smile. Now I feel very, very prepared for the snow in my area. I've pushed up to 24" of snow with it. That I don't recommend, but it was nice to know I could if I needed to... about 200' of my driveway gets blown shut when snow is blown from the neighbors field.
  4. 98tacoma

98tacoma Junior Member

one more happy snowsport user, had it for four years (on the edge of the lake effect snowbelt) been great. Have used it both with a 4cyl Tacoma and a 6cyl 4Runner, great on both. Yeah you wouldn't want to do 20 drives with it, but to do your own and maybe family/friends it's great. Have mine front mounted. I was able to find a "demo" version online, looked brand new when I got it, paid $700. Great product, does exactly what it's supposed to. I really like that it 's simple. Some pics from a few years ago with my truck