1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplow.com shovels

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowpusher tim, Feb 2, 2010.

1. snowpusher tim

snowpusher tim Junior Member
    from MN

I broke 2 shovels tonight. Has anyone used the snow shovel called the snow plow that is a sponser on this site? I did look at them a couple of months ago, look good, but $40. You canbuy a couple pushers for that money.
  2. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Havnt heard anything bad about them yet, thought about purchasing a few myself
  3. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

yup i bought 2 of the 24"... and i love them. i wish i got the 30" so i would only have to make 2 passes down the walks. all i do is angle the shovel to the side ( like a plow) and walk with 2 hands holding the shovel. works good for back dragging steps (when you spin the shovel around) i love them and would recommend getting them for any one who does shoveling
  4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I have (3) 30 inchers & (2) 36 inchers.....well worth the money. will probably be buying a couple 48 inchers for next yr. for the guys to use on lighter snows.
  5. snowpusher tim

snowpusher tim Junior Member
    from MN

Thanks fellas.
    I think I"ll go get a 30" one this morning.
  6. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

NHL approved haha I was watching the wings pens game:angry: and right before the shoot out the ref was using one cleaning up the ice. Kind of funny that I noticed that:D
  7. allcraftsmen

allcraftsmen Junior Member

Is there any other shovel?
  8. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

No good on anything but light fluffy snow, especially the 30" and up. But, I can see how they would be terrific for light snow. We just don't have much of that here.
  9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

That's funny you mention that. I was wondering how they would do in deep snow. I still want one so the smaller accumulation will go faster with one pass.
  10. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

in deep snow they are ok but alot of scooping ( scoop, up, throw) i would just use a blower. these shovels are great for light snow and looooooooong walks
  11. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Expensive, but worth it

12. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

great shovel, has held up better than any other so far would buy more in a second.
  13. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Thats funny, cause I got 5 walk guys working for me that say otherwise...2 of which carry the 36 in model around with them.
  14. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

love them I have 4 right now and 4 on the way. I have the 30 inch models.
  15. Silentroo

Silentroo Senior Member

Have used them the last three years. 30,36 and 48's I would agree the 48 is a little tough in deep snow, would strongly disagree with your statement about the rest.

We run about 100 sidewalk guys, All would disagree with you as well.

Our guys use them on everything from .25 of an inch to 12+ inches of wet heavy snow. They swear by them and swear at you if you take them away.
  16. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Just saw my first one today. Looks like a solid shovel!
  17. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Got a 24 and a 30. I use them both on just about anything. I especially like how the edge is basically always sharpening as you use it. I was pleasantly surprised by their ability to chop up ice and hardpacked snow. Once you figure it out, you can grab that thing and chop through hard and thick pack snow.

What they said, use it like a plow, angled to the side with both hands. I find myself almost running behind the thing sometimes on long walks. I'm considering a 36 and possibly a 48. I've been jokingly considering a homebrew set of mini "pro-wings" for it too.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  18. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

I have 30 and a 36 and will have a 48 for next year. To say they are no good in deep heavy snow is like saying Homesteader plow is no good for clearing a 3' covered mountain pass. Really? Get a big snowblower! for both! If you are using them as a snow shovel (which is what they are), they are the best I've used.
  19. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

looks like im purchasing a few of these.
  20. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I bet you noticed that water bottle go flying off the top off the net behind Howard too!!:laughing:

I see they use these at most rinks in the NHL. Good for pushing, bad for throwing snow, it's gonna slide off one side or the other. I like having side edges on snow shovels.