1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowplow casters

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BWhite, Oct 7, 2003.

1. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

I found rolling snowplow casters in the Northern catalog, the brand name was "buyers" anybody know about them ? They also have the Alaskan hats just like Fred Pickering has !

2. myo

myo Senior Member

I saw those last year but instead of spending the money, I went to home depot and bought 4 caster wheels, 2x4's, and 3/4" plywood and built my own snowplow caster. Works well and cheaper... Its definitely nice to have them though.

3. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

BWhite the company buyers is the same company that builds the salters and snow equipment they also own SAM i too would suggest buying heavy duty casters local they work just has well .a couple of years ago i found some real heavy dutys they have regular tires on them and it makes pushing the plows around real easy. The hats are aval at just about any local outfitters shop i would think they are warm and i also feel the hat brings me good luck gosh iam sick!!

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Find a couple of old shopping carts,and cut the wheels off the back.The tubing they use for most of the shopping carts is the same size (or very close,you may have to grind it a bit) as the holes where the plow shoes mount.Add a cotter pin hole so they stay on,and you've got a free set of plow dollies.You probably won't even need one for the truck side of the plow as you can usually pick it up by hand and wheel it around.

5. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

hmmm

where would I find a couple of old shopping carts ? ;)

6. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

GUARANTEED WAY

Park your shiny new car or truck in ANY dept,
    grocery, etc. store.

Come out of store in 10 minutes and guaranteed
    some A******E will have several carts crunched
    up on your new pain job ! :angry:

7. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

found this

looks sturdy

trailer.jpg

8. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Sonjaab's way will work for sure in finding a shopping cart. But first you must have your vehicle really cleaned up nicely, and also have that shiny stuff on the tires so it looks really good and gets alot of attention, you know, the unwanted kind. Next, what you do is park far away from the shopping mall, away from everyone, so that lets people know you dont want your vehicle messed with, thats a for sure way to get it messed with or possibly rammed with a shopping cart! Mike :D

9. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

MIKE............LOL

Parking WAAAY out in the lot is the way to
    get LOTS of free cart wheels !............geo

10. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

One of my professors in college came out of the grocery store one day and found somebody had attached a shopping cart to his door handle with a Master #5 padlock. :eek:

I got two carts a couple of weeks ago. A friend of mine was demo-ing a former Walmart store. They left all kinds of shelving and whatnot, some of it brand new in boxes, plus about a hundred carts. I was literally going out the back door with them while a 220 Komatsu was coming in the front door... :waving: