1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplow Business Card Holders

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by repo_man62, Dec 29, 2006.

1. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Last year...someone on here was in school with too much time on their hands. They were making custom ordered plow bus. card holders. I was supposed to get one of the first 3 and things went haywire somewhere and I didn't get one. Does anyone know who it was or how to get ahold of them?

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

can you describe them better? if the original designer doesn't show, i may be able to do something. I'm pretty good at making things from wood/metal.

3. RSK

RSK Senior Member

that was back in 2005 i don't know were that is at. I was supposed to get one to never did.
    if you find it can you let me know ???

4. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

You mean something like this?

[​IMG]

Central Parts Warehouse carries them.

5. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

They looked EXACTLY like a plow...moldboard and a-frame. He did them red,yellow,blue and orange.I think the a-frame is what held the cards with the moldboard in front?

6. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Nope...just the plow.

7. mcwlandscaping

was the whole plow 3D? and the cards basically sat behind the blade leaning against the lift arm and headlights?

8. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

I remember this very well. I didn't order one but I do remember thinking wow thats a great idea. I think he was a high school student and he did the first one as a project for shop class.

9. RSK

RSK Senior Member

thats the way it was made

10. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

11. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

12. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I remember that. It was awesome... Hopefully we can find the thread

13. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

SEAN!!!! We need help! Where is this thread?

14. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

As soon as i pull my head outta my A$$...I MIGHT remember..it was on the "other" site! I'll have to look.:realmad:

15. MLLC

MLLC Member
    from MA

that's a pretty good i dea, i think i'll design one on the shop bot for landscaping.
    here is the web site for the Shop-Bot CNC router, a pretty cool little machine, designed for wood working, but with the propper bits, she can cut through up to 1/2" of steel. andit has the capability to make things far too complex for humans to do with hand tools.
    http://www.shopbottools.com/prtalpha.htm

16. PremierLand

from detroit

WELL????

did anyone find it? I looked for 2 hours the other night and couldnd find it.... Those things were sweet.

17. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

I even went thru ALL my posts...and can't find ANYTHING!

18. PremierLand

from detroit

19. mcwlandscaping

couldn't find it either, probably because i dont' know what im looking for really, and also came to the conclusion that what you are looking for is too complex for me to fab up by hand. I bet the guys who make the model plow trucks could pull it off though!

20. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

It was REALLY pretty simple! Cards went right behind blade...bracket at back of a-arm held 'em up(2 small uprights. About 2" tall...6"wide(blade)4-6" long(front of blade to back of a-arm)
    think he made it out of 12-18 ga. sheet metal. not sure what the a-frame was made from.