1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowplow and sander storage

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by joey7599, Mar 12, 2011.

1. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

Hey guys lets see some pics of where you guys store you winter equipment

2. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

joey7599Hey guys lets see some pics of where you guys store you winter equipment I put mine in my garage

3. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

i got pics some where, just leave it outside except for last year for first time put it inside, mite do that again this year.

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

probably gonna put the plow in the back of the garage this summer...not sure yet cause this is the first year owning a plow

5. justinizzi

justinizzi Senior Member

This is where we keep are stuff for the summer we can fit 6 sanders and 7 plows on 1 40 ft shipping contaner.

Attached Files:

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Lots of companies around here keep the sanders on top of the containers. Make sure those two guys don't over-tax that Lull :)

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It's March 13, Winter is not over yet in Maine. Some of the biggest snow storms I have sean have bean in April.

8. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

your right mercer but was just wondering where people store there plows I know its not over but in some places its no more plowable snow this year

9. mercer_me

I keep mine in the garage all year round. I will get a picture and post it on hear when I put it away for the Summer.

10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Mine goes in the garage after every use and then in the spring gets power washed and covered in fluid film and then put up against the back wall of the garage til winter.

11. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

I do the same thing it goes in with the truck they both go in even in the summer the truck goes in:mechanic:

12. mercer_me

I just asked for my free Fluid Film sample today. If I like it I'm going to coat my whole plow after I preasure wash it this Spring.

13. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Mine goes in our pole barn/shop if theres a big break betweem storms, might put it out behind the barn with a tarp over it this summer though, depends on how much room we need... Probably will stay inside.

14. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

we put em in the backyard until next winter.

15. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

Both get stored outside. I just leave the plow sitting at the back of the parking lot and put the sander in a fenced in area that would normally be used for dumpsters.

Though this year the plow will be spending some time at home so I can strip the frame and coat it in some of that spray on truck bed liner. Tired of things rusting.

16. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

17. mercer_me

That's the same way I stored my old Speed Caster.

18. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

We have the spreaders inside the shop hoisted up to the ceiling.
    Plows will go between 2 shipping containers this year so they are out of rain and sun.