1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowplow 1 Car 0

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by kbsnow, Dec 14, 2010.

1. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

My partner made his normal pass on the church sidewalk, then turned around to approach the other sidewalk. He was just about to lower the plow to start his next sidewalk pass when...out of nowhere, a teen on her cell phone...and of course, according to the police report, "insurance applied for".

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

that sucks. at least nobody was hurt
  3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

every time the snow plow wins, i loose money...
  4. dirtymax

dirtymax Junior Member
    from Ontario

5. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Was that the only damage to the plow? If so your lucky, lets hope the rest of the year gets better
  6. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

Glad no one or the equipment was hurt to bad. Hope she was cited for her ignorance.

I had some knucklehead almost rearend me the other day while on his phone, and it was right after I put on my new spreader. Luckily he slid the "right" way, and ended up on the shoulder of the road instead.

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Where was he plowing? The road? Glad everyone is ok!

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

was she hot?
  9. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

JAILBAIT! 16 and comb in her partial fro.......Daddy actually came to the seen and started reading the riot act to my partner for "cutting off his daughter", in which my partner smartly replied, " Your daughter should have been driving on the street not the sidewalk".

No one hurt, and no one ticketed.

And the MOST important, NO DAMAGE TO PLOW VEHICLE.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i could see where she would freak out, your buddy was def in the road, she just freaked out and swerved right to go around him, did he have any warning lights?
  11. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

little hammer will straghten her back out, bet that was the last time she will try and go around one of us plowers!`
  12. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

First off it sucks that you had some misfortune. As everyone else has said, lucky that you don't have any real damages to your equipment.

Second off, THAT IS AN IMPRESSIVE PARK JOB on her part. I mean theres a pole on one side and a fence on the other.
  13. DScapes

DScapes Member

Eww.. you plow with shoes!?

Haha, just kidding, glad no one was hurt!
  14. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

16 and [U]comb in her partial fro.......[/U]

Now that is an awesome description, took all the guessing right out of it for me
  15. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

were was this at in the chicago area? looks really familair!
  16. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

The accident occured in Chicago at St. Rita Church by the old grammar school off of 63rd and California.

And YES, the warning light was on as well as his flashers. We make it a point to be a svisible as possible when doing the sidewalks off of major streets.

We only do side walks for the church; by the way, the pastor has a very creative sign on each of his garage doors, and I laugh EVERY time I go there to plow.

17. 6.5 Chevy

6.5 Chevy Member

that is good :laughing::laughing: