1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowmobilers

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by K20Fisher, Feb 26, 2008.

1. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

does anyone here snowmobile??

2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

put on about 1500 miles a year

[​IMG]

3. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

yup.......................................................:eek:

100_1598.JPG

4. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

So far the best sled i have owned 900 mi 2 stets of plugs!

sno.jpg

sno2.jpg

attachment-3.jpg

5. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Nice sleds guys dr.lawn that looks like it hurt.

6. KTM

KTM Junior Member

I had sleds for 12 years then last year sold them because I was fed up that we never got snow, now this year SO Wisconsin is having a record year, I could have had thousands of miles on right out of my door. I am pissed and jealous when I see people riding.

7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

did you get the Southern Hemisphere model? It's supposed to be trackside down. :angel:

Here's one of the only pics I have from this year. Was fooling around on the beach at the lake, jumping up the drop-off. This is at the beginning of the jump, unfortunately the next picture is of me landing, too bad I don't have the one at the apex of the jump

04 T660 4stroke Turbo

t660-bigger.jpg

8. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Nice my dad has an 05 660 panther

9. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

heres mine.

101_1876 (Medium).jpg

10. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

11. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Lawnpro looks like your a little stuck I got stuck 5 times in 1 day driving 400yds down the road to my uncles to snowblow his drive on my 380 because i didnt listen to my dad and drive his long track 660 touring because the snowwas to deep i was being hard headed

12. Snowman16

Snowman16 Member

This is mine, I trader $100 worth of grass cutting for it. Put 300 mi on so far. rebuilt the carb and fuel pump and a fuel line. So far a good deal, we just ride on the lake down the street. By the way, thats my mom on it.
    Fall and Winter 425.jpg

Fall and Winter 425.jpg

13. jdadjstr

jdadjstr Junior Member

Nice Cat BSDeality. I just sold my Sabercat and 4stroke 660 this winter as we weren't using them enough. I might get back into the sport sometime in the future, there's a lot of fun to be had.

14. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

i went to Vermont this year with my friend it was sweet.
    DSC02004.jpg
    DSC02024.jpg

DSC02004.jpg

DSC02024.jpg

15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It appears as if your doing something wrong, I'm just not quite sure what it is :drinkup::D

16. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

17. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I just came back from 4 days at Old Forge.Planned the trip for 5 weeks and what do you think happened back home{4 hours away}? Yup--it snowed Fri---our record snowfall for the season so far.So I had to go home for a 9 hour plow marathon,only to go back up and miss my club's annual sled ride.Then on Sunday, on a perfect 25* day in Eagle Bay,my Polaris 2-up touring deluxe took a dump--apparently burned a hole in 1 of the pistons.2005 model with only 900 miles.If Polaris doesn't do something for me,I'll be switching brands real quick.Maybe a 4 stroke Yamaha is in the works---tired of that ''chainsaw screaming and smoking 2 stroke''.

18. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Have 2 of 4 Yamaha Phazers (old style) left, sold 2 1988's with over 9,000 combined miles a few years ago, still have a 89' (1500 miles)and '95 (600 miles). They start 2nd pull every time, never had a problem with motor, clutch, etc with any of them. 450lbs of aluminum while other sleds are almost twice that. My 9yo son started riding last year....solo :dizzy:

In our fields......not on the trail.

19. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

I use a couple of old junk yamahas that my grandpa owns. i havent been riding them much lately becasue he just bit@hes up a storm when i break one. theve been threw hell and back i believe there from the 1980s my brother (kingwinter) put one of them threw the lake a couple years back what a pita it was to pull that out from under the ice. But it still runs today and actually it runs preety good because it was rebuilt after the lake incident.

20. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

Have I seen the sled on the right on HCS.com in the Maine section???