1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowmobile?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by westernmdlawn, Feb 4, 2005.

1. westernmdlawn

westernmdlawn Member

Hello all, does anyone use a snowmobile in their operations in any way shape or form?

By the way I have a 1994 Arctic Cat Wildcat 700 EFI for sale in Western Maryland - $1800 excellent condition, will deliver. Email me at westernmdlawn@hotmail.com

Thanks!!

2. westernmdlawn

westernmdlawn Member

no takers???

3. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I don't use one in my business but after I am done pushing the snow, then I go play in it.

1998 Polaris 600 triple touring sled

xlttour1[1].jpg

4. SnowyPennsylvan

SnowyPennsylvan Junior Member

I actually asked a similar question recently about snowcats, but basically the reasoning behind snowmobiles is the same:

Snowmobiles can't really be used to plow, because they need snow on the ground to actually be able to move without ruining the thing. If they have a plow, and they're pushing the snow off, then there's nothing on the ground for it to run on and you risk severely damaging your snowmobile.