1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowman Steps Up

Discussion in 'SnowMan SnowPlows' started by gusdust, Nov 25, 2008.

1. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

I want to thank Ed from Snowman for getting me what I need to take care of the annoying rear plow hang-up I previously posted. It did the trick and no problems first push of the season.

2. scitown

scitown Senior Member

What was it? I read your last post about it. Whats the fix?

3. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

Snowman Fix

Ed sent me a relief valve that tee's in to the return line from cylinder on the pump. The valve has a hose that is directed in to the reservoir so the fluid goes in to it. When a pre-set amount of pressure is sensed by the valve, it releases. Plow still scrapes good, has some down pressure, but not so much that truck gets hung up, hydraulic line breaks, etc. This year hope to not turn any condo drives boss fluid red.

4. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Is that something they are going add to all new plows? Thats coold that they helped you out.

5. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

Yep he said soon it would be incorporated into all new units. I'm guessing he's had other plows with the same issue.

6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i've sold ed's product line for years. he's a good guy.