1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowman RS

Discussion in 'SnowMan SnowPlows' started by zerolatency, Oct 29, 2009.

1. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

Looking into possibly putting on a snowman RS to help pull snow out of docks/driveways. My question is how easily can it be removed? Its my daily driver and i don't feel like hauling it around when we don't have snow. Also, it is called spreader compatible but how good of a job does it do at staying out of the way of the salt?

2. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

About the same as hooking up to a trailer.Assuming you have the same load in the bed of the truck as when you unhook. I take mine on and off with each storm. Can't answer about the salt spreader effectiveness. E mail or call the company and ask. They are small. I've talked to Ed, the owner, a couple of times.

3. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

Thanks for the info, i'm just weighing weither or not its worth the efficiency boost to take it on and off every snowfall (well if its not going to snow for a few days that is) what do you think?

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

They come off way easier than they go on. Once you pull the receiver pin the trick to getting them off is that you use the controller to release the pressure that's on the hitch while driving forward very slowly. Once you hit the right spot it just slides right out and onto the jack stand. You then get out and disconnect the harness.

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

they disconnect pretty easy. as camden said, once you find the spot it's easy. the salt issue depends on your spreader. if you have a low chute they work great.

6. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

It doesn't inhibit the application of salt in any way, although it does LOOK that way. I can appreciate where your question is coming from.

It comes right off. Putting it on is a bear...

You want to know what the biggest time waster with it is? People standing around looking at and asking question about it. I try to sneak into my truck and drive off. Draws a crowd around here.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  7. sdaigh

sdaigh Junior Member

i built a rolling cart for mine, just drop the blade on it and then i can wheel it out or back into the hitch and it helps speed up the mounting and unmounting process, no need to try to back right into it this way, just back up close to it and wheel it around to where i need it and slide it in.