1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowMan Rear pull plow.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bolts Indus., Jan 19, 2004.

1. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Been plowing all night. Our first demo SnowMan rear mount pull plow arived today. Will install tomorow and test. Am excited to see how it performs. If anybody else has one, I would appreciate your comments and opinions both positive and negative. Thank You

2. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Bolts Indus.
    Could you post pics of it when you are done. I am 75% positive I am getting the angle blade they show for a SUV towards the end of this winter or beginning of next winter depending on the snow. If it keeps snowing like this (none) it will be next winter.
  3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

Try to get it at the very end of this season. Usually there will be some sales. :D
  4. Bolts Indus.

I'm not to good at the picture stuff. Lucky to be able to do this on a PC. They have a website for pics.
  5. Bolts Indus.

Must be somebody with a SnowMan rear pull plow?
  6. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

Have a snoman in the shop today . customer backed into a pole and bent the portion that slides into receiver of hitch. (its solid steel, not tube). The one thing i like better on the Daniels compared to this unit is daniels has 3 point attachment vs. one.:)
  7. stackitslamit

stackitslamit Junior Member

we run 2 snowman plows. love them great for condos and residentials. love them on commercials also.

tripping action of blade is a big plus over daniels
    raises higher than daniels to reach over drifts in front of garage doors.

not ugly blue like daniels.
  8. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

I just got the 75 LDA for home use. Only had 1 chance to use it so far. Did a good job. I have a gravel driveway and I'd say it did about as good as what I've had done in past years by a contractor. It is a bit tricky monitoring the position in the back, but not too bad. It is also not as easy to attach & remove as the videos show; at least not yet, hopefully with practice it will come easier. The frame on the plow must be perfectly level with the receiver on the truck, otherwise you will just push the plow back when trying to hook it up. This is made harder for me with my uneven gravel drive.
    Do a search on this site for snowman. There are a few more out there.

Good Luck.
  9. Bolts Indus.

Just finished installing the SnowMan 70 and did a test run. works pretty good. The down pressure is enough to lift the rear of the truck right up. Did my own property where I couldn't get with the front plow. This is going to be a useful item. Will be taking reidential driveway accounts now that I can do them properly and fast.
  10. Bolts Indus.

Did you get my PM.
  11. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Just got it. Thanks. Will call you later tonight. :waving:
  12. chris08087

chris08087 Junior Member
    from NJ

I got the 80 rs model, and I got to use it last week. The main reason I bought it was for a small development where I have to clear all of the driveways(single car and some double car) I was using a kubota with a rear blade to pull the drives on one side of the street, and the snowman plow on the other side. The snowman was alot better and faster. Its nice to be able to work from the comfort of your truck, and it seemed to go faster and get the drived done quicker than the kubota. It seemed like the rear plow was done his side before the kubota was halfway done. Between those two rear plows and a front end loader to clear the street, I cleared 270 d-ways in about 5 hours. and that was about 2" of snow. I like the snowman rear plow, and the model I got has two hookups, not one, so it seems pretty strong. I would recommend it to anyone.
  13. Barberry Hill

Barberry Hill Junior Member

Say, from what are you gents hanging these rear plows?
    What is the weight?
    What are the prices installed?
    How much do they hinder turning in tight spots?
    What is approximate distance from rear bumper?
    Got a lot more questions too!!!
  14. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

The weight is about 500-600, and cost around 3000 installed, give or take a few. They shouldnt hinder turning much since they hang off he back or your truck. But the back end does stick out from 3-4 ft extra. Thats about all i have learned from reading threads and looking on the net. Would really like snowmans 80rs though.:D :D
  15. avalancheplow

Anyone know what the cash and carry (no installation) price of the 75LDA is?
  16. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

I've seen them range from 2500-2700.00 cash and carry. Install is relatively easy
  17. avalancheplow

What is the controller look like for these?
    Does anyone have negatives about these or does everyone love them
  18. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

The controller looks like a Western - small box with a short Joystick, the joystick is larger in diameter than the Westerns and of course only has up and down. No Negatives here, I think they might work better if they had sides on them that move up and down like the turk-key wings.
  19. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

The joystick for the 75 LDA does have a side to side to side as that model does pivot. So far the only negatives I have are the couple I mentioned earlier in this post. I still have only used it once. Forecast is calling for anywhere from 1-3 to 4-6 between tonight and Tuesday, so I should get some more practice.
    I bought directly from manufacturer since I did not have a local dealer. Closest dealer to me wanted $2900? I paid $2200 + $200 for freight. It did take me the better part of a day to put it together and run the wiring.

Barberry Hill

The 75 LDA mounts to a standard 3" receiver hitch.
  20. JimNasium

JimNasium Junior Member
    from MU ohio

Is it possible to plow residential drives with just a pull plow and not a front one?