1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowman rear plow/tailgate salter question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snoworks, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

I would like any input regarding the Snowman rear plow thats made to pe used with a tailgate salter? I need to use rear plow and salter on one of my trucks, but I have a Daniels right now. I can't use both with the daniels! Thinking of buying a Snowman to try it out.

Anyone have this setup? If so, how do you like it. Is there enough room to clear rear plow, when applying salt? (ie. Is the spread pattern affected due to the rear plow, etc.) I have a Pro-flo 2 salter and debating having my current truck modified or buying the Snowman.

Thanks Chuck B.

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Chuck, Haven't had the opportunity to install a Snowman with the spreader option here. Have several LDA and SC models running here but back blades are a slow take here. I have reviewed them and the mounting for them comes with a custom hitch for your truck. They offer one for the proflo2 hitch mount option and there is enough room to spread. The blade comes up high so you can spread under it without a problem. There is almost enough room on the LDA's to do it if the cyls were on the sides like the Dual cyl models.

Hope this helps. Contact Ed at snowman for info on the Mount option for the Pro flo

Jerre

3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Thanks Jerry.

I meet with ChicagoSnow today, a fellow plowsite member, and he had a Snowman setup that looked really nice. I think i will stop by Garagekeeper's house and see what he thinks about making a mount for my Pro-Flo 2. Then weigh the costs for my decision.

Any other comments would be greatly apprieciated.

Chuck B.:D