1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowman Pull Plow in action

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by k1768, Jan 23, 2005.

1. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Some pics from this weekends storm in NJ.

IMG_1049 copy.jpg

IMG_1050 copy.jpg

IMG_1057 copy.jpg

IMG_1844 copy.jpg
  2. rico

rico Member

I am interested in the snowman plows. Which snowman plow is that? From the pictures, I do not see a front plow. How do you stack the snow? Thanks.
  3. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

It's the 75LDA.
    I dont have a front plow, just the snowman.
    That is the trick, finding a place to put the snow. I'm lucky enough to live on a cul-de-sac so I just pull it all into that and spread it out as best as I can on the edges. It angles far enough that I can get it pretty far off to the sides.
  4. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

if you dont mind me asking, how much did u pay for it?
  5. j&j properties

j&j properties Junior Member

just curious how can you see what you're doing back there i have trouble enough telling where my spreader is and it doesn't move behind the truck!
  6. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

I paid just over 2400 delivered.

It is wider then my bumper so I get a good view in my side mirrors.
  7. SCBrown

SCBrown Junior Member

I have to admit I have never seen one of those before.
    I used to do allot of driveways, condo complexes. That would come in handy instead of back dragging.
  8. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I did a little research on back blades last spring.
    I read somewhere that you can stack by pulling it into a pile and then backing up into it to stack.
    I don't know how well that would work but that is what they say to do.
  9. uponyou21

uponyou21 Junior Member

For the money why not just get a front mounted plow??
  10. 94Yota

94Yota Junior Member

I have the driveway super plow rear mount and it has worked great. I just pull the snow to one section and pile in reverse. I have been able to pile the snow really easy. I think the key to a rear mount is having really good snow tires...I bough the Cooper M&S...they have worked great.

For the question why not a front mount? I get bored with my trucks and like to get something different every couple of years. I'm lucky enough to be able to get in to dealer auctions to do this. So the fact that this plow can be transfered with very little effort and zero cost sold me. Also, this plow will not beat the crap out of a truck like a front mount would.

I attached a pic of mine. I really need to get a picture of it in action.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  11. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Sorry, I dont get the point of having it...... :confused:
  12. Terra-Care

Terra-Care Junior Member

We'll be getting a pull plow for next season for the simple reason that we lose so much time backdragging, then having to turn around in the street to push it all out. We'll have a combination of pull and front mounted plows so that all we have to do is back into the drive, pull the snow away from the garage or any other obstacle, then back up and push it all out. It should save a little under 1/2 the time it takes to do a drive, plus a lot of hassle of having to turn around.

13. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

One of the major attractions to the pull plows is you have as much down pressure as you care to use. Which comes in handy to get that hard pack up its had time to set up.......Rob
  14. selser420

selser420 Member

They're a huge time saver and do a better job than backdragging! We do 90% commercial and its very useful there also. I've been using one for four seasons and wouldn't want to be without it.