1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowman left right angle?

Discussion in 'SnowMan SnowPlows' started by scitown, Nov 29, 2008.

1. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Does anyone run a snowman with the left and right angle controls? Why would you need this and why is it not listed on the snowman website? I have found a few used snowman plows but they all seem to have the angle option. I was looking for a rear plow that was straight up and down controls only. Is this a commercial plow or only the LDA style?

2. barnold3784

barnold3784 Junior Member

I have run 1 and have one for sale below. I guess it just gives you a better option to angle into tighter areas, and also drop plow to angle snow left or right if your doing a long driveway. Its the only one ive used so i couldnt give you any other info to compare to an up and down plow. I dont think there is much more?

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

From what I gathered by talking to Ed from Snowman, the non-commercial models are the ones that angle side to side and do not come with side shields.

4. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Thanks guys. I did some research and came to the same conclusion. LDA is the only one that angles and its more of a homeowner model. I found one I think I am going to pick up this weekend, The ones around here were all LDA models and I was about to "settle" for one. I was lucky to find a SC70 with all the controls and box wings a couple hours away from me. The price is right and I think Ill take the plunge. I just need to figure out how to get it home. 500 lbs hurts my back thinking about lifting it into the the truck. Thanks for the help.