1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowMan 75LDA Problems

Discussion in 'SnowMan SnowPlows' started by locosol, Feb 6, 2010.

1. locosol

locosol Junior Member
    from 21601

Hello Everyone--

Not exactly new to plowing and the problems associated with it, but I've only ever driven other people or companies' trucks. Never had my own setup. So, I don't know much about maintenance or repair.

Wanted something for my driveway and maybe to help out some neighbors and such. My brother-in-law has a SuperPlow and RAVES about it. I didn't have that kind of $$$$, so I got a used SnowMan for under $1,000. Knew it wasn't going to be perfect, but thought it would at least function for a few weeks. But.....I can't get it to function at all. Hooked everything up according to the manual and nothing happens. Tried jumping the solenoid- nothing! (no clicking from solenoid either I should add). Used jumper cables and connected red to the pump motor and black cable to the plow frame. Still nothing. Logic would tell me this is a case of a bad pump motor and/or a bad solenoid. Am I off-base, or on the right track?? Any help/advice from people "in the know" would be great....

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  2. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

Try a test light at the solenoid and at the motor with a helper running the control. Make sure you have a good ground when powering the motor directly. Try putting the neg. cable of your test power source on the neg. cable that comes from the battery at the motor. If you have a good ground and good power to the motor and it doesn't even grunt then not good.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

if hooking jumper cables right to the motor doesn't get it work then you have a problem with the electric motor. It should push the plow down if you jump it directly. start from there.

4. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

If the motor doesnt run remove the motor cover and see if the case is full of sand/dirt/salt . I replaced the motor once in 11 years and keep a spare on a shelf .