1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowless Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Reddiesel1, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Reddiesel1

Reddiesel1 Junior Member
    from CT

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck! How do you like the Curtis? Whjat is up with the cop car in the last link?

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Well thats not the case here. We have about 16 inches on the ground and about another 6to 12 on the way tonight. We had complete white out condishions today. We are under a blizzard warning, a brifting snow warning, a wind advistory, and a frezzing weather advisory. I think is the last one. I don't know I lost track on what we are under as far as warnings and advisroies. The temp outside all day was about 5 to 10 degrees, and that was the high. Tommorrow our high temp. is going to be about the same. I couldn't even plow today because I couldn't see what I was doing. That is how hard it is snowing today. Tommorrow is suppost to be the same way. Have a good one guys and I hope everyone get some snow too.

Ryan

4. Reddiesel1

Reddiesel1 Junior Member
    from CT

First time out

Love the Curtis Plow easy on/off had the Fisher MM1 had to rock the frame to get pins to lock. Got a bad back now.:cry:

Cop Car is for town. I'm a volunteer FF/EMT it's a fun car.:redbounce

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Hey Red where in CT you located? Did you get anything from last nights burst? Im in Rocky Hill and we got 1.5". started out as a heavy snow / rain mix. Nice truck, i almost scooped up that same color.

6. Reddiesel1

Reddiesel1 Junior Member
    from CT

Located in Waterbury area and we got 3" of easy plowing. How's your Boss Plow?
    My father-in-law just got a sport duty for his 07 Yukon.

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Its awesome, i love it. It sucks that the first time used was only this little crap snow. Im embaressed to say though i was in such a hurry and excited to hook it up i made a mistake...i was hooking it up at 11pm in pitch dark and on the Boss when you raise the tower it locks the pins in, so i heard both clicks and was on my way...1/4mile down the street i hit a big bump and the drivers side pops out and disconnects from the truck mount, at the point the plow is only being held to the truck by the passanger side pin sitting all crooked. Scared the crap out of me! so i pulled in a parking lot to fix it. I was in such an excited hurry to hook up the plow, that the clicks of the pins i heard only let the drivers side pin unlock and not go into the hole. No damage done, just a careless mistake because of my haste.
    But yeah, the plow is great!:cool:

8. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

What's with the Black Hawk, are you a volunteer pilot?

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Those older Crown Vics are a blast to drive (and smoke the tires off of). Do they let you run blue lights down there?

10. Reddiesel1

Reddiesel1 Junior Member
    from CT

The Black Hawk Landed at local school where the FD had to do a stand by.

The volunteers run only Blue lights in personal c.ars

11. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Truck looks nice! I feel your pain with the lack of snow.

12. 2500hdFisher

2500hdFisher Member

Red and 2500hdboss Im from simsbury CT and we plowed in that lil burst. we got our newest 2006 hd fisher 8' out there the duramax is amazing pushin that plow! Reddiesel im firefighter up here and that sikorski truck (oshkosh) looks cool. And i like your truck My buddy whos also a ff would go nuts for it considering he plows with an 88 now. I work with two friends ive had since high school we have one hd boss and one hd fisher and then an 88 k10 with a fisher and a short bed. love those speed casts ill try to get some pics up but weve been too busy fine tuning and finally plowing... o yea and then theres real work for the deere dealer too sweet 4320 plow tractor