1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowing In S.Western CT

Discussion in 'Weather' started by PLOWMAN45, Feb 25, 2007.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

just starting to come down pretty good and its sticking oh yeah wesport payup

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Started here about 8.pm. We have about 1- 11/2" now. Only a 1/2" more to go.:yow!: :nod:

3. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Yup I'll be out in about 5 hours.

4. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

almost 2 inches in Naugatuck and no Town plow yet

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

About 3" here and still going. Just came back from plowing...... What a nightmare :dizzy:

6. PLOWMAN45

I have about 5 or 6 inches here

7. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Ditto. I'm leaving now to go work. :redbounce payup :bluebounc xysport

8. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

we have about 2" in central mass and it's still coming down, heading out to hit the commi's right now....have fun guys could be the last one

9. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Amazing, this is our first legit pushable snow this season. I'm heading out now to mount up the blade and drop the ballast in the bed. We have at least 3" here now and it isn't about to let up. Have fun boys, and stay safe out there. Too many idiots to deal with on this morning's commute.

10. PLOWMAN45

this only the second time i have used my plow this year :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:

11. CMLandscaping

CMLandscaping Junior Member
    from CT

Finally something to do in SE CT 4 1/2

12. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Man, were the weather guys a little off on this one. We were predicted to get 2-4" starting after midnight going through 6pm with the heavy snow around noon. Lucky thing i woke up at 5am and looked outside. We had 5 inches! Stopped snowing around 11am but no more accumulations after about 6am. So we got 5" from about 2am till 6am.

The way the forecast sounded last night, i wasnt planning on going out till around 10am, because we werent supposed to really have anything up until then. Nice easy push though.

February is the first time sending out bills this whole season and theyre getting wacked for 4 events!!

13. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Well hot dog it's snowing again!!!!! I sure hope we get over 2".... Mo money......payup

14. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Just shot the laser thermometer out the window, ground temps are coming back down, the driveway was reading 28F. maybe it'll start sticking again.

15. 06HD BOSS

We're gonna get something more tonight. Not sure how much though...they say locally 1-2". To be honest, i rather we didnt get anything tonight and things hold off until friday when they predict we could have a big mess. But on the other hand if it snowed tonight that would be 5 billable events for Feb.

16. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

any body plowing today I have 1 inch here in Naugatuck what about the rest of you

17. NCass31

NCass31 Member

looking out at 1 - 1.5" here in Somers, afraid to go back to sleep after yesterday... woke up at 5 didn't have enough to push, woke up at 7 and i was behind...live and learn i guess

18. 06HD BOSS

Not enough here to plow. just about 1".

19. NCass31

NCass31 Member

a couple of my neighbors are getting pushed out right now.. i only measured 2" out there.. maybe there is money to get, just don't want to piss anyone off about the 3" trigger. i kind awant to clean it up before this whole mess hits us this weekend

20. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

You plowing now?