1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowing in Nebraska?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by slade, Nov 28, 2004.

1. slade

slade Senior Member

Is anyone getting snow in Nebraska? Just wondering I live just south of K.C.

2. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

YES WE ARE!!! :D Its not accumulating on the streets yet its coming down at a good rate. The first pic was taken at 2:00 and the second at 3:30. Hopefully it will keep up the pace. :bluebounc

IMG_1100.JPG

IMG_1104.JPG

3. slade

slade Senior Member

NICE How much are guys forcasted to get? How much do think will stick to pavement. Last Wednesday morning we got about 3"-4" of snow but only 1" stuck to pavement and that melted fairly quickly. North of me 30-40 miles got about 5"-8" and it all stuck to the pavement. Amazing what a degree or two difference in the temperature can do.

4. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Well the snow stopped but its going to start back up any time now. All the grass if covered but still not sticking to the streets. Don't know about the for casted accumulation just know its supposed to keep snowing into tomorrow morning. Hopefully tonight it will start to accumulate on the streets.

5. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Just drove my entire route, NOTHING to push or SALT. None of my accounts were hardly more than wet. I had no lots with any accumulation of snow in them, 3" in grassy areas and a dusting on some residential drives. I couldn't even get an application of salt down on the walks. I saw some other trucks out making thier rounds???? Didn't actually see any of them working though. I'm going back to bed and hoping for next time.

6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

It's snowing pretty good here right now but it's not sticking to the streets. We've got about 2 inches in the grass but the ground is too warm yet. :(

7. slade

slade Senior Member

I feel for you guys, that is so so disappointing when it snows but isn"t cold enough to stick to the pavement.

8. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Talk about disappointing. I go to bed at around 11 thinking the storm will continue during the night like the weather people say it will. Nope looked out my window at 4 and not a change.