1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowing here in Mass!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mister_snowplow, Nov 12, 2004.

1. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

I'm not sure how much we'll get if it amounts to any, but it is SNOWING!!!!

I'm excited, but I'm getting a little nervous too... :D

2. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Please post some pics. I have no snow and just want to see the white stuff again to know it still exists somewhere in the US. :cry: ;)

3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Take A Picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I Would Like To See It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

4. mister_snowplow

I'm sorry guys, I don't have my digital camera on me at this moment. Like I said, I don't think it will amount to much...its melting when it hits the ground. Nothing too serious...yet! :cool:

5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Sleeting pretty good here in Conn.I'm kinda surprised it was supposed to be mostly rain during the day

6. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Nothing but rain in Middleboro, about 20 minutes from the Cape. :(

7. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

snowing here in Leominster, MA...dusting so far. The truck looks like it wants to get working!

snowing.jpg

8. daninline

daninline Senior Member

It's been snowing since 10 am in NortEast CT :redbounce :yow!:
    I'll take a pic later after some more snow falls

Dan

9. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

They are calling on some snow for us in RI!!!
    Hopefully we'll get something.I am digging out the plow/sander and staging it at the door to the shop..hope we use them $$$$$$44

10. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Just flipping over to snow now in Randolph, hold on John, it may make it down your way before its all over. I hear that its snowing big wet flakes in Boston. Plows are on, trucks are backed into my garage redy to go if needed.

11. mister_snowplow

daninline, your from Thompson CT? I grew up in neighboring Putnam, CT. How's it going over there in the quiet corner? Good I hope! :waving:

12. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

I just woke up to a sight of white!!!!! :bluebounc
    Although, I don't think I'm quite ready to hook up yet, it looks like a skim coat of plaster over a sheet of blueboard. Somehow I don't think it's going to accumulate to much here, will probably turn to rain, we'll see.
    But, it's a pretty sight nonetheless. I bet you're probably scraping your driveway right now, Randolph probably has something plowable by now.

13. sodking

sodking Member

Not enough to plow in Seacoast NH. Just enough to screw up fall activities. This is out the back window as I drink my coffee thinking of all the fall ferts still to go down...

[​IMG]

firstsnow2004.jpg

14. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Where I live we are under a winter weather advisiory. Calling for 2-5 inches by the times it's done. BRING IT ON :D :nod:

15. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

I just got done plowing 1/2" of snow...does that count? Actually I pushed to where I unhooked.

16. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

We had about an inch here, so I wasn't even going to hook up. Then a buddy of mine in Taunton called me up and said they had 4 or 5 over there! I was surprised, he's only 20 minutes away from me. Anyway, I hooked up and went over his house and we drove around to some hoity-toity neighborhoods with trophy houses looking for flag downs, but it was a waste of time. Just not enough snow and the sun had come out and it was melting. So we gave up and took a ride over to my buddy's brother's house in Bridgewater to see how it was over there. They had even less, 2-3.

The only good that came of it was that on the way there we came across a couple of young guys in a little Nissan pickup that had slid off the road and were stuck. So I pulled over and put my strobes on, hooked one of my rigging straps to it and I yanked him out of there. What a pain it was to find something solid enough to hook to on that thing! :gunsfiring: rice-burners!
    Unfortunately for the kid, he must've burnt his clutch out or something because I got him on black top and he couldn't get the little piece of crap in gear. But, a cop had come by then thinking it was an accident, and called the kid a tow truck. I made no money, but I did my good deed for the day!

17. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Plowed all day, we got 5"-6" here in the blue hills LOL. Some pretty big snowbanks around here too. Got up at 4 am and to my delight there was plowable snow everywhere. Started up the trucks and me and my brother headed out. I just came back from shoveling the steaps and walkways at all my accounts. I shoveled a HUGE deck for an old lady that i plow for. I made tons of money from this, most have alredy paid me cash. Its money that i did not even remotely expect, i had the plows on as a precaution IN CASE I needed them. Turns out i needed them two times over. Good thing i have plenty of money now, i was literally running out after taking the hit of paying all by myself for a brand new curtis plow installed on the cherokee. Now i can justify nearly spending all of my money. Next storm should break me even with the new plow if its anything like this storm. And its only november. I did not expect to have any additional money until Mid-December. Thank God it Snowed. :angel:

18. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

That's great Chris, glad to hear somebody got paid today! payup
    My only account didn't even call me, we just didn't have enough white stuff.
    But, always hopeful, I know I'll get my turn soon. I'll have an add running in the local freebie shopping paper for the next 4 months, plus the one customer I do have is going to hook me up with his realty guy. What's cool is that he's the same guy who represents the sellers of the house I'm buying at the end of the month. Strange coincidence. He should be able to get me some more work, he handles alot of properties around here. And, the 1st week of December I'm getting the truck lettered.
    With a lot of snow and a bit of luck, I may end up with more work than I can handle. I better or my wife's going to throw me......and the plow......out :eek:

19. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I'm up in NH and would like to see some pics of snow. Anyone got any? CJA, do you got any photos?

20. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Sat night nov. 13/04 began snowing and we ended up with about 28 inches of the wetest heaviest snow I've seen in a long time. Plowed all night and bobcated all next day. Quite a storm. off to a good early start. Not to start anything but we had to park the 1/2 ton and go with the 1 ton Blizzard 810. Nobody could get the 1/2 tons moving more than a few feet then they would bog down. Big storms need big trucks.