1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowing here in Maine

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowMan03, Dec 3, 2004.

1. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Yup thats right it's snowing here in Maine we are getting up to 4" of the white gold payup :drinkup:

2. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

We had snow, but it melted a bit (not all of it).

Now it's snowing again.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Yeah, it snowed today, all right. A whopping 2". With less than an inch predicted for tonight. All my triggers are 3" this year. I even called a few of my customers to make sure if they wanted me to plow. All said "No, we'll be ok."

First snow of the season, except for the dusting a couple days ago. This winter sure isn't living up to early predictions. I'm seriously thinking about quitting the plowing and concentrate on firewood. I've got a couple people seriously interested for next year (don't have any seasoned to sell this year) and won't sell green wood. Haven't advertised it at all.

Haven't even sold enough treated salt this year to make it worth while.

4. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

MICK JAGGER!!! :yow!:

5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Same here, we got 2 inches at most. I was dying, looked like we were going to get hit hard this morning around but by 1:00pm it was done. No storms in sight either. :angry: :angry:

6. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

We got about 2" here as well :angry: :realmad: I hope we get hammered this winter to make up the difference :D

7. haligan125

haligan125 Member
    from Maine

It's December 4th! and you are ready to quit? Remeber what happend in our first 2 storms last year with like 30" apiece and you had to not only plow snow but figure out where the driveway was cause there were no banks or anything? we got 1/2" dont complian. We do what 10 plowable events a year? maybe 15. so just wait a while something is comin on Monday and Tuesday

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Yes, we should have 15 plowable events with a three inch trigger. And yes, I do remember last year 12/6-8th and the 12th - 14th. But I also have records to show we've had below average snow for the past three winters. I plowed five times in all last year and seven times the two years before that. I talked to my wife about it last night, too and she thinks I'm just upset that this winter isn't turning out like predicted and I should wait till the Spring to really make any decisions. Regardless, I'd finish out the Winter. Not about to leave anybody in the lurch.

Besides that, a plow light burned yesterday and I had to use my spare today :mad: .

9. PolarBear

PolarBear Member

Don't give up !

Mick,

Don't give up I'm sure everything will be ok.