1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SNOWGO closing doors?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Elite Property Services, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

I heard through the grapevine that snowgo is closing there doors. Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks Nathan

2. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Who's snowgo?

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I'm pretty sure they're a company out of IL. There was a thread about them last year.

4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I recall looking at their website and being quite impressed with their equipment

5. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Website still there...very impressive fleet.

Looks to be a big player...

Not sure why the helicopter pic is mixed in with their equipment pics. Seems to be an expensive way to check sites...

6. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

They're pretty big around here and I see their trucks around all the time when it snows. It's probably because I lived between their hq and a city of office buildings for the last two winters... Very impressive fleet.

7. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I heard all their equipment was sold at auction. Anyone else got any info?

8. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Heard they filed bankruptcy and RB

sold most of their equipment. Heard they may remain in business under new leadership. I think there was a thread about this mid July.

9. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Looking through all the pictures, I didnt see a flaw in any of the paint on the trucks,loaders,plows,salt spreaders. They kept there equiment up it looks like. I think the helicopter was for transporting the shovelers. Better response time.

10. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

They still have some equipemnt in Dixon, IL. I think a bus, semi, and soem old pickups trucks. Not all of their equipment is shiny new.

11. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

They just sold off some equipment. They are a really big company. I talked to owner a month ro two ago. Seemed like a nice guy. From what it seemed, he was just dumping some older equipment and took delivery on a lot of new stuff. They may do a lot of airports and roadways. Hence the helicopter and airliner in ther pictures

12. Stowe

Stowe Member

How do companies like this get enough qualified employees for storms.

13. SullivanSeptic

$$$$$$$. You get what you pay for!

14. Stowe

Stowe Member

How much do you think they pay for drivers, operators, and laborers.

15. SullivanSeptic

No clue. But they aren't doing residential or simple commercial stuff. So I assume they can charge a premium for their service. They are a big company. Don't quote me but I think they cover quite a few states

16. Elite Property Services

I have seen that equipment in Dixon and doesn't look like anything on there website.

17. Elite Property Services

I thought for sure someone would have more info.

18. HTI

HTI Member

Have a friend that WORKED for them. He told me this spring that they were done, out of business. He doesn't know why but they are done. I believe the auction was for the bank to get its money.

19. mws399LAWN

mws399LAWN Member

the guy at the auction (richie bros) said the BANK sold all the equipment and trucks that they went bankrupt, he said they had to go to there shop or holding yard and drive them back to the auction.

20. Rich Arlington

Rich Arlington Member