1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sparky925, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Sparky925

Sparky925 Member
    from Mass

Just wanted to know who uses Walter's, F.W.D's, Oshkosh's or all wheel drive lg trucks & sicard, snowblast blowers etc for the snow removal. I see a bunch used up in the Northern Part of Mass.

Merry Christmas to everyone

2. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

What do you want to know?, lots of them here. Sicard blowers were built 5 miles from here.
  3. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

There's a lot of that equipment in mass, ny, etc. From Pawling, NY and up on route 22, i see a lot of FWD's with big wings plows and a few old v plows. Catamount Ski Resort has a few used FWD's they use and the Town of Amenia, NY has some FWD's sitting at their yard rotting away.

There's a group on AOL for people who collect heavy duty snow removal equipment. Oshkosh Group On the page there are a lot of photos of FWD's, Walters, Oshkosh, etc. Here's another page w/ pictures of walter snowfighters- Mark Redman Photos

Not many people on this forum (if any) use big snow removal equipment. Temco (from mass) has a Mack RD spreader/plow truck, and an industrial park near him uses walter plow trucks and a sicard snowblower to keep it open.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2002
  4. Sparky925

Sparky925 Member
    from Mass

Thanks Snow
    I signed up for the Oshkosh list We have a few contactors are here that have Snowfighters they plow for Mass Highway.