1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowfighter Training at LO Congress

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by diginahole, Jan 8, 2002.

1. diginahole

diginahole Member

Moderators- I have no financial interest in this, just thought some may be interested to know about this, so if this violates posting rules please accept my apologies and feel free to delete this message.

Copied from Congress conference guide:

10:00 am - NOON Thursday January 10, 2001 Toronto Congress Centre
    Snowfighter Training, Deicing Salt Trends, and Updates on New Canadian Salting Regulations
    ANDY BRISCOE is director of Public Policy at the Salt Institute, an International trade association representing salt-producing companies around the world. The Institute advocates salt industry policy on such issues as human health, highway traffic saftey, water conditioning, and worker saftey.

A 'must-attend' session if your company does winter maintenance business. This session will review different training tools available, including new techniques and technologies. Stratigies for winter planning and organization will be covered, specifically targeting operations involving deicing salt. Also, there is an update on the status of Environment Canada's intention to declare road salts 'toxic' so that new maintenance policies on how road salts can be implemented.

One session conference/trade show pass for LO members is $20.00 for potential members $25.00

2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I saw Andy do this presentation at the SIMA symposium this year. Its geared more toward highway work, however I got a lot out of it. It was definitely worth the two hours of my time.