1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowfighter, Plus Sized

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pelican, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I was recently at Tarrent Manufacturing, builders of the "Snowfighter" on the Stainless Dump??? thread, and they've come out with another model of their stainless steel combination dump/sander body. Below is a photo of their demo model on a new International chassis, ready to be equipped with plow & wing.

snowfighter+a.jpg

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Driver's side

Sorry the container's in the way.

snowfighter+b.jpg

3. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I stopped in there on a family vacation 3 years ago. We saw the plant there on the way to Canada from Lake George and we stopped in. This was at the time when they first were building the snowfighter package. The original demo truck they built was with a 6spd. I have some photos of it somewhere.

Pretty interesting site, i didn't get to look around the yard too much though.

Bryan

4. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

That really looks like a good truck.....I noticed that they put the salt spreader up by the cab of the truck

5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

The conveyor runs down the driver's side of the floor and feeds the mix to the front, where it drops to the spinner you see ahead of the wheels. When the load starts to get low, the passenger side of the material box tips up to feed more material to the conveyor.

6. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

Pelican,
    Is that International a 4000 or a 7000 (4x4)? I can see the series number on the door. Did you take delivery of your F550 yet?

7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I'm not familiar with IH's new numbering system yet, I don't know which series it is, but I do know it's 4x2.

I was up there to deliver my 550 to be fitted as the "Snowfighter" listed in the Stainless steel dump??? thread. It's due to be completed this upcoming week. I'll post a review when I get it back.

8. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

Pelican,

I was just curious about the series because that IH has a different hood (2 inspection covers) on it then our 4300. I'll have to ask next time I'm at the dealer.

You are going to post some pics when you get your 550 back aren't you?

John

9. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

The "hood inspection covers" are called butterflies. Becuase most plow trucks that are upfitted with a highway type plow, they have a heavy duty head gear that stays on most of the winter. The butterflies allow the driver to inspect the truck with out tilting the hood. When the head gear is installed the hood can't be tilted. Almost every dot or town truck with a plow and wing would have butterflys.

Geoff

10. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

International's Numbering has changed:

4700 = 4300 I think
    4900 = 4700

The 2500 series now = the 7000 series.

Geoff

11. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

Thanx for the info GeoffD. I figured thats what the covers were for. The new numbers are as followed.

4600=4200
    4700=4300
    4900=4400

Last edited: Aug 5, 2002