1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowfall total website

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowcrazy, Mar 4, 2014.

1. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Hello all, looking to see if anyone knows of a website that will give previous snowfall totals BY DAY???? I am looking for snowfall totals by day in the Cincinnati area from the beginning of the winter to present. I know there has to be a website somewhere that shows this info but I cannot find one?? I keep very good written logs and at the end of every storm I take one picture with the date and and ruler stuck in the snow but was curious if there was a website that will back my up as one of the places I service is questioning how many times/events I billed for in January.... thnx.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Our local NWS does.

3. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Accuweather.com

Enter your city, then go to extended forecast, then click on the "All 45 days" tab. From there you can scroll backwards through the previous months. It shows snowfall for each day.

5. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

thanks guys that helped a bunch!! Its amazing how different those two differ in snow fall totals on an area but It will help me get the point across that we did get snow on the days that I billed for.. Thanks guys!

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

7. XYZSnowPros

XYZSnowPros Member

Do not ever trust a 3rd party company(ie accuweather,nws,noaa,etc.) with information only you can provide as you are the one with the only real facts if you do your due diligence. Identifying markers in your photos of the places you service with ruler, measuring stick, tape measure, time/date stamp is all you would need. Those are the facts. Not some 3rd party weather service. Is that weather service sitting at your lot you're clearing on the corner of 3rd and eileen ave? I think not.

Fact: our weather service and all the news channels in my city stated only 3 to 4 inches max in a storm a few days back. Our tape measures and folding wooden rulers tell a much different story on the clients properties we service. If a single client argues with us over the emailed and texted photos they recieve, they are immediately removed from service. No if and's or but's. We don't have time for cry babies, liars and time wasters. Proof is always in the pudding.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  8. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

9. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

I took the pics......... Piece of paper taped to ruler with date.... I just didn't have a landmark as u stated..... All my work is in my small town so I do not take multiple pics...... No problem though, I printed off the info from NOAA...... The numbers weren't exact but close....... I had to show them numbers that were recorded from cincinnati area which is the closest to me..... They still had a problem with it..... I told them to get lost...... Your not the only one that doesn't have time for cry babies..... If the pic with the ruler and date wasn't good enough then f them...... Its good enough for everyone else...... They replaced me with some idiot that plowed in there dumpster and grease tank last storm.... Not to mention I'm the only one in my area that has salt so this new contractor never salted..... That's what you get pizza hut.

10. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

There should be no argument, I'm pretty sure it snowed every day this winter.

11. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

You're problem is going to be those are "official" totals. Just make sure you get a landmark

12. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

It's been a historic year for weather in Chicago and the NWS doesn't always list each event like they have for 2013 - 2014.

This is a perfect example as to why a snow professional should belong to a private weather service, i.e. Weather Command, Weather Works, etc., because they can provide certified snow totals for a given location.

Just my .02¢

13. NorthernProServ

NorthernProServ PlowSite Veteran

HA

They sound just as bad as one of my customers who fought me over 1/10th of an inch!