1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowfall Contracts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Salisbury1975, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Salisbury1975

Salisbury1975 Junior Member
    from Detroit

Has anyone ever bought or heard of snowfall contracts? From what i understand is that they can be used to hedge against too little or too much snowfall in your area. Nov 2009 issue of snow magizine had a article about them. Sure would have been nice to have to protect my company last season with 70" in metro Detroit and us having mostly seasonal contracts. Any input or experience any one may have had with these would be greatly appreciated.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I called them about it. Made my head spin trying to figure out what he was talking about. They are only doing in certain area. Something about how they are traded and bought on the stock market. It's not like an insurance policy were it it snows over/under you get money. Maybe some one else call call and let us know.

3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I saw their ad too. I'm kinda interested, seemed kinda like crop protection insurance. If I get time tomorrow, I'll give them a call.

4. Salisbury1975

from Detroit

I'll let you guys know after i speak with someone tomorrow. It sounds like there is different options like with stocks and the type the article i read about was based on the season totals. Luckily i'm in the detroit area where this is offered. Sounds too good to be true though?

5. Deco

Deco Senior Member

yes , we write 15 large contracts or so . and back every one up . NO bailouts here dog:laughing:

detriot is just full of bailouts . scam

6. Salisbury1975

from Detroit

I was looking for serious comments, not trash talk from some lowball ****** who plows a few driveways. Must be an ex-factory rat who bought a plow for his 89' f150. Go back to the " i used to mow my grandma"s grass" forum.

7. Deco

Deco Senior Member

wife kick you out ? thought you were pulling my middle leg . now i know you are . bailout scammmer . you'll get better odds trumping up your dental insurance plowing without a helmet

you be the first to buy into one . let us know how you make out . dumby

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Can't ya just feel the love? :dizzy:

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Only if your a women!:D

10. Deco

Deco Senior Member

why you always stalking me and my post , crete ? looking for good info or entertainment ? which is it . stalker

11. Deco

Deco Senior Member

cant wait . interested in any tide water land by the airport here ? if it doesen't pan out , there is a 1-800 number available for guidence. detriot is the most screwed up state in the union . make sure you get a face with that signature dude .roflmfaoBT

snowfall contract ....you cant be serious .

12. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.:blush2:

13. cretebaby

If I was looking for good info I sure wouldn't be reading your posts;

I think Salisbury got it right, you are just a [​IMG]

14. Deco

Deco Senior Member

stop stalking me . ....check the stats dude . your a stalker ........shoot it better do something soon . lmao again this whole joint is full of knowledge . .

salisbury is most likely rehabbing from a state hospital . 302

15. cretebaby

Did you get it or do you need it explained?

16. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

IMO, there's only one obvious reason to follow another poster closely: ENTERTAINMENT!

17. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Charles,

Are we headed for the ditch yet? :laughing:

18. Deco

Deco Senior Member

fluid film .............equivelent to diesel fuel . just a whole bunch cheaper :laughing:

fluid film , how can i write that off ?:nono:

19. cretebaby

I think we have been there, swerved back onto the road, run of into the other ditch and rolled several times.:laughing:

20. Deco

Deco Senior Member

lets keep on the subject . snowfall contracts . sounds like when you slip , then fall . on the snow of course . anyone interested besides me and crete ???