1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowfall Amounts For Rochester New York

Discussion in 'Weather' started by mow & snow, Feb 13, 2007.

1. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

Does anyone have a prediction for the upcoming storm? I'll start it off, my guess is 13.2 inches. Let's use the airports totals for the final results. The winner gets free beer and wings on Kosty. ( Just breaking your stones ) LOL

2. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Mow&snow, I keep hearing anywhere from 14-22 inches in Rochester. We will see what happens. NOAA has all of NY under a heavy snow warning

3. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

They just downgraded us to 8-14" and the storm will end 3 hours earlier than first said. I bet it don't even snow lol

4. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Just checked 10NBC web site in Rochester. They say 6 to 10 tonight and 15 to 25 total by Wed. night.

5. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

I am over on the other side of the state almost on the VT line,this is from the NWS site: THE HEAVY SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT
    WITH TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 18 TO 36 INCHES EXPECTED. PLEASE
    REFER TO THE HEAVY SNOW WARNING STATEMENT FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW IS ALSO EXPECTED FROM
    WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT.

6. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I say it will be somewhere between 1 and 50 inches!!! LOL Sometimes I think they change the totals hourly just to mess with us!!!

I really think it will be about 16 inches.

Good luck to all!!!

7. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

I'm gonna say 16", at first I thought more, but It looks like it won't hit Rochester as hard as they first thought.

8. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

I read in the paper today that the 2 day total for the storm was 21.4 inches. So the winner is.....I don't care I'm too tired.:sleeping:

9. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Mow & snow- you are too funny!!! LOL

10. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

forget the airport, what did you guys measure at your customers? I had 18"+ in 24hrs

11. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

Ron - Since I'm right around the corner from you I would have to say your right.(18+ inches in 24 hours)