1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowFakers Work and Equipment Thread

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SnowFakers, Nov 18, 2013.

1. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

I have a thread over on lawn site and seeing as this is my first year as a snow trooper I figured Id make a thread here. Not much going on yet but I got the plow on and some backup lights installed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. FinerCuts

FinerCuts Member
    from Iowa

Let us know how that Ranger does in the snow! It is 4x4 right?

3. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Oh yeah it is! Im anxious to drop the blade for sure. I will surely be updating things once the flakes fly

4. L.R.G

L.R.G Junior Member

Looks Good!! I have a 93' ranger with a western 6'6 blade and it plows great your going to like your setup trust me!Thumbs Up.....Can you post a pic of the back up light during the day? I have a set, just not sure to mount to the truck or make a hitch style set-up.
    [​IMG]

5. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Ill be sure to take some photos today in the light. I mounted mine off the bumper, but was going to go off the receiver area until I realized my lights didn't swivel that far for mounting. I like your setup though! What motor is in it? Standard or auto?

6. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Here it is. There should be 1 if not 2 open holes on each side of the bumper underneath. There would have been a bracket that attaches to one of those if you do not have a receiver hitch installed. If you do there should be 2 holes. I used the outside one and wired it along the frame, up underneath the inner fender skirt into the engine bay and seeing as mine is a 5 speed I snuck the wire next to the clutch cable hole, you can go I under the steering column. If you have any questions just ask. I really like the look of your truck, its my favorite color.
    [​IMG]

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking Ranger. I always wanted to put a Fisher LD Minute Mount on the Ranger I used to have but, I never did. With some weight in the back I think a Ranger would plow pretty well.

8. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

You gonna plow with your 2500HD too?

9. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

No, shes the spring and summer time worker. With just over 216k on the 6.0 im not feeling like pushing her to snow covered grave. Crew Cab short bed is a pretty long truck for resi's aswell

10. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

I hope it works out well! Ill be putting about 250 behind the axle aswell as some salt and 2 blowers so that should help things out. Just have to make sure my 4x4 doesn't keep acting up. Just bought a set of manual locking hubs. We will see how they hold up.

11. L.R.G

L.R.G Junior Member

Thanks for the picture. I might try the same thing and see how I like it for now. I also like the color of my truck its just a pain to keep a shine(20yr old ford paint) but I try! and its a auto with the 4.0L.

12. L.R.G

L.R.G Junior Member

I run about 350lb in sand bags and 2 snowblowers. I don't always run with the snowblowers but I always have the weight just in case.I also had issues last year with auto locking hubs:angry:and of course right during the middle of the storm. I tried to plow with 2wd even with weight and brand new tires said forget it called everywhere no one had manuals in stock.Ended up ordering a set off ebay, 4 days later had manual locking hubs best thing ever!!!Thumbs Up

13. bredenlawncare

bredenlawncare Junior Member
    from Decatur

What kind of backup lights you guys like best ?

14. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

I got these at harbor freight on the cheap. $8 a pop. Led are nice if you wanna spend that much. Just look on eBay, they are all nice

15. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Working on my rubber deflector in the rain today. Pics to follow

16. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Deflector is done!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

nifty little truck and plow Rob!

18. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Thanks Scott! It will mostly be my son posting on here so I wouldn't try and contact me through here if you ever had to.

19. dancing bear

dancing bear Junior Member

Watch backing into snow piles you will be out 8 bucks a pop

20. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Yeah, they only have to survive until the flatbed is built and installed