1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowex/western mount confirmed

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Hysert, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

It was in the air if it would work, so as a noticed are local Bobcat of Hamilton is carrying snowex and had a few out front I stopped in to check them out! Adam in sales was great!! After explaining the info I got from John at Western he was curious too?? Keep in mind my truck is all western wiring mounting... we installed the snowex receivers and the snowex controller and the blade operated perfect.. the controller was the key, my western controller wouldn't power up the automax coupling system! So in turn all that is required is, plow/receivers/control... wiring and truck mount are universal, pritty cool!!! Also a good chuck of savings if you want to switch!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

So, did you drive off with it?

3. Hysert

No that's a 810.. not big enough.. but he's working on a price for me!!

4. antbarbato

antbarbato Junior Member

Why are you switching to snowex? Western seems to have a better hook up. **In my opinion** Im just curious

5. Hysert

Actually the automax is pritty slick, don't have to walk to the other side either! And I feel the plow itself is much better built then the wideout.. I just don't know about the steel edge on the wings over the poly on the others... my wideout is a 9-11 after I modified it.. when it's time to replace I will go snowex...

6. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Bobcat of Hamilton definitely has it together, got my pusher through them. Good info though thanks

7. buttaluv

buttaluv Member

I just got a Snowex...it really is slick the way it hooks up, really like mine so far

8. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I am surprised that the western controller didnt work but its something new with the snow ex. Our western and blizzard controllers all interchange with each other.

9. antbarbato

antbarbato Junior Member

ok i understand what you are saying. Makes sense! I do have to say the grey look pretty awesome!

10. Hysert

When I spoke with John at D&D in the fall.. he explained that the automax attach is the reason? Apparently it powers the attach system???

11. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

It has to do with the software. Snow ex will have down pressure next year when snoway patent expires.

12. 1olddogtwo

OK, I have a few more minutes to spew my thoughts for the world to read on PS.

1st thanks for verifying the mount,wiring, controller. I'll have to buy one with my expanding Vee.

2nd, since the conversation has changed to the expanding vee. It only makes sense that SnowEx comes out with one. They currently don't offer a Vee in any combo. Since they (SnowEx plow brand) are new on the street, using old school tricks, it would be a "game changer" and boost their snow plow recognition within the industry. Their isn't any patent rights or infringement just some engineering.

Just saying.

13. Hysert

You know those DD guys well Pat!! I hope your trying to say something that your not suppose too??? I would have to agree with you! I'm a DD guy too, but they really haven't come out with anything innovative, they just buy the guy down the street who has

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  14. 1olddogtwo

Well, I'm expecting something new out after this season is over.

Just thinking...