1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx Walk behind push spreader durability

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by OsU1997, Feb 24, 2013.

1. OsU1997

OsU1997 Junior Member

Our company spreads about 100 tons of bag salt through push spreaders maintaining about 4 miles of sidewalks. We've been using the Buyers salt dogg push spreaders for 3 years now. We've had to rebuild every spreader we have 2 or more times. We currently have 4 push spreaders and 4 SnowEx salt spreaders on our trucks. I'm wondering if the SnowEx brand of push spreaders are any more durable than what we're using currently. I don't mind spending money on equipment that will last.

2. Turf Guy

Turf Guy Member

We have two of them, they work great. Ones a drop spreader and ones a rotary spreader. We opted for the Stainless Steel Models.

3. OsU1997

OsU1997 Junior Member

We're having trouble specifically with the gear assembly in our current spreaders. About how many tons per year and how many years have you used your spreaders? Like I said previously, I don't mind spending the money if they're going to hold up a reasonable amount of time.

4. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

Epoke spreaders....check them out

5. Turf Guy

Turf Guy Member

We haven't a problem with the gearboxes... Mind you we clean the units up after use, and never sit outside. They used to see about 8 tons of product a year, now more like a couple as we have gone to a Bauman drop spreader on our skidsteer

6. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't you have a couple for sale?

7. CAPELAND

CAPELAND Junior Member

We have two of the Lesco brand Salt spreaders and they are only marginally better than
    some of the other junk we have broken in past winters
    All in all i haven't seen a great one yet

8. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

:mechanic:the first snowex push spreader i had was not good, didnt ever make it 1 winter . plastic tub broke on mine 2 times. spreader worked good, but tub was junk, i think it was over 250.00. the newer ones look better built, to much money for me. i just use the earthways .i have salt dog also, tub heavy duty, but rest junk .i have learned they are just a replacement item you need .:waving:

9. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

:laughing::laughing:...............Already Sold to a guy near Grand Rapids

10. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

we have the sp85.

works well , but needs to be handled well. bolts the hold the tub to the frame need to be tighten every once and a while. make sure you keep it covered or inside when not in use or in the off season. i left mine outside after the winter and the gear box was seized. we had to take it apart and free it up

11. svc turf

svc turf Member

Yes snowex push spreaders are way more durable and well built than the salt dogg spreaders. never had any problems with mine in 3 years. Side by side next to a salt dogg the snowex feels way more sturdy and well built. The bucket on the snowex is way thicker and has zero flex compared to the cheap salt dogg